Avon ZZ5

bens313

Hi All!

Looking for some new tires on the front, the continentals that are currently on there are looking a bit..... tired :lol:. I've always used Avon tires on my other cars that don't necessarily need the extra stick around the twists and am looking at ZZ5's for the Zed. I've been happy with them on other cars i have had them on, and they seem reasonably priced, wondering if anyone has had any experience with them before? Would it be a death sentence for the Zeds handling?

Cheers.

I've ran them for all 3 1/2 years I had my Zed and put a new set on her just before I sold her earlier this month. They are great tyres IMHO,  I'm no tyre guru but I drove my Zed hard at times and they never felt like they were going to put me into a ditch. If you compare they're rating against mps,  youll find they are not far behind them. Personal choice but I liked them a lot and felt they suited the Zed perfectly.

So those useless EU ratings then :lol:

Do me a favour, everyone: Pay zero attention to those EU numbers. Literally zero. Unless you're picking the scabbiest of tyres to put on the scabbiest of cars, they're of no practical use whatsoever.