GTR

Jetpilot

A general for the masses.

Pretty sure a GTR will be the next car, i really cant find anything that will tick so many boxes, thats not to say there arent better cars in certain departments, but as an all in one, its going to be hard to beat.

So looking at prices, to be in a 11 plate plus so i can get a warranty, its going to be circa £7k plus over an older model, warranty will be £1500 - £1700 a year, so with some man maths over 3 year ownership, 12k give or take.

Would i not be better off putting that 12k to one side for possible eventualities, bar a blown engine which is very rare, that would cover most things if not more.

I am not particularly set on the 11 plus, it offers no real additions to me, i would want stage 2, 3 plus and decent suspension anyway, which are the main additions it would seem.

Thoughts please gents?

Edited by Jetpilot
  • Like 1

Actually reading their page, does it just cover the parts and not the labour involved?

EDIT Again not unreasonable, that's how the excellent Hartech warranty works.

Edited by Ekona

A Litchfield warranty is the way to go.

There are conditions that your car has to meet before they would offer you a warranty, also their servicing costs are very reasonable.

I would not consider an insurance type warranty that most dealerships offer for an R35

If you are unlucky, then repair costs can be big money.

Like all warranty policies:  READ THE SMALL PRINT

12k is a good contingency fund, however, how good will depend on how many years you are planning to keep the car?

Normally a well cared for R35 should not be to expensive to repair, but a serious issue similar to the GR6 tranny will eat up a lot of your 12k.

On an average of 12,000 miles per annum, expect to pay circa £2000.00 p.a. for your annual service and a set of tyres + your insurance and road tax and a warranty if you decide to go that route.

• 1 month later...

Me and my bro worked out the costings for one with Warranty. So one without add some money for litchfield warranty. £1680 pounds per annum. All im saying is just set aside £7000 to cover insurance, fuel, tax, all 4 tyres, brake discs and pads as well as major service based on 10,000 miles per year

Obviously one year youll not need a major service the following year you will need to change tires, brakes etc. oil tranny service is like £1000

• 3 months later...