Bonnet adjustment

JurassicZ

Looking now at a 370Z Roadster to leave in Spain for when I am down here.

A local car in white, my favourite colour has just come on the market.

One problem is that the bonnet just catches the A pillars on both sides.

My old 370 had this issue but just on one side and if I supported the bonnet half way along it cleared. It had been back to Nissan for adjustment to no avail. Nissan said the hinges are not strong enough particularly when they get a bit older and stiffer?

Is this a common problem and is there any real adjustment?

Also did the 370s have the clutch slave cylinder problem fixed or is this still an issue on the manual cars?

Thanks Rob

Thanks Matt,

Always a difficult one this as being forum members we always hear about the problems.

There must be many other models that use the same gearbox and slave cylinders, does make me wonder whether I should wait for an auto, but 370s are so rare in Spain and autos even rarer.

Rob

I have the same issue on mine ,passenger side of the bonnet hits the A Pillar.Great info Alex .When the rain stops here (probably July sometime) I’ll have a look and try greasing up the hinges .Not sure if I am skilled enough to remove the bonnet ,well I probably could but wouldn’t get it back on :wacko:

5 hours ago, nissanjuke said:

I quite fancy that myself selling the house and have a flat in the UK and flat in Spain, do you spend 6months in each place?  :)

Yes, we do 6 months in each place. Had a classic down here, but owning for 18yrs and loving the FType I decided to sell the Pagoda, bank a bit and get something more modern and it has to be another Z for Spain. 

3 hours ago, Wheels 370z said:

Hiya Rob,  a have that exact problem with my bonnet, I've not made any real enquiries about a fix - I've been told it's a common problem. I'd be interested if you get any additional info.

On my previous 370, I did WD40 then light oil the hinges, it did make a difference, but I did assist it by holding the middle of the bonnet on the side it caught when opening.