New 2018 370z Finance Offer

JB33

5 minutes ago, rabbitstew said:

Good choice. When I got my car, I did toy with getting a lower model but had that same niggling doubt id wish id gone for the better model. So I just went with the better model for a start and havent looked back.

You have to wait until September? It killed me waiting 10 days to collect mine, I dont know how id cope waiting 6 months! argh!

If it were my decision of have it asap but my missus ain't happy about it coming before the wedding so that was the deal :). 

33 minutes ago, JB33 said:

If it were my decision of have it asap but my missus ain't happy about it coming before the wedding so that was the deal :). 

I bought a new BMW the day before my wedding and didnt tell the wife-to-be. I just turned up in it. Then I had  nervous few weeks whilst on honeymoon worrying about my new car left sitting on my drive whilst I was away! :lol: 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, rabbitstew said:

I bought a new BMW the day before my wedding and didnt tell the wife-to-be. I just turned up in it. Then I had  nervous few weeks whilst on honeymoon worrying about my new car left sitting on my drive whilst I was away! :lol: 

Haha that's the kind of stuff if usually do but she would shoe me into the ground mate if I done that lol. Not worth my life :lol:

I worried about my Z4 with the devil kids next door. Thankfully they're gone now. 

On ‎28‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 16:31, JB33 said:

Haha that's the kind of stuff if usually do but she would shoe me into the ground mate if I done that lol. Not worth my life :lol:

I worried about my Z4 with the devil kids next door. Thankfully they're gone now. 

Out of interest how did you like the Z4,was it reliable ?

1 hour ago, formatzero said:

Out of interest how did you like the Z4,was it reliable ?

Getting rid of the Z4 was one of my regrets. The car was fantastic and made me every journey a complete joy. Go for the straight 6 though. Dont bother with the 4 cyclinders: they're just not as special. 

Very reliable, no problems out of the few years owning it and the hardtop roof was a gem during the summer. Stunning looks too. 

• Like 1

So, out for dinner last night with friends and we got chatting about finances. He told me a story of his dad where he lost his job through an unexpected illness. Lost the PCP car and only managed to keep his house. They chased him and debt collectors had to settle the negative equity by removing goods. Put the fear into me and me revaluate. I had this "what the hell am I doing financing a 40k car to drive two days a week for fun"? 

So I cancelled the order and going to save cash and try to get myself one at the 3 year old point instead. Maybe have my eye on a cheaper Z4 again as my previous one was a dream. 

Just now, Ekona said:

Erm, surely you just make sure you have the appropriate insurance in place? Certainly I always did when I had my PCP deals in place, nothing to worry about then.

What insurance? Would it cover only redundancy? Not about getting sacked or off sick? 

Also the amount never fully sat well with me (£425 per month) 

52 minutes ago, JB33 said:

So I cancelled the order and going to save cash and try to get myself one at the 3 year old point instead. Maybe have my eye on a cheaper Z4 again as my previous one was a dream. 

Please refer to my first egotistical post ;) about how to spend your money :teeth:

1 minute ago, Jetpilot said:

Please refer to my first egotistical post ;) about how to spend your money :teeth:

Cold feet I guess. Excited at the time but reality set in. Managed to walk away. Not here for an argument ffs lol always one. Your post actually had no benefit to me ....

Edited by JB33

Notice the winks and smilies, said in jest ;) but wasnt that the whole point of this topic, financing a 370z.

To be fair a lot of people dont consider the consequences, i found out the hard way after a motorbike accident and off work for 6 months (and no amount of cover protects you from motorbike accidents) or my sister who passed away and the finance company then pursued her children for payments. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JB33 said:

What insurance? Would it cover only redundancy? Not about getting sacked or off sick? 

Also the amount never fully sat well with me (£425 per month) 

It’s called PPI, you might have heard of it ;) Most policies will cover redundancy and sickness, but for obvious reasons not getting sacked (so don’t do that). 

• Like 1

I feel like if I had like 20k in the bank or maybe even a full year of expenses and car payments I dont think if have cold feet or doubts. That tells me it's probably a security thing. A little gutted bit more relieved. I might wait until end of the year and bank some extra cash if I don't end up going for something else a bit cheaper. 

I get that that much security might seem excessive but it gives me some comfort now I've thought on it a good bit. 

3 minutes ago, nissanman312 said:

Can't help thinking if they're giving that kind of deposit contribution the car was never realy the full price to start with ..its all smoke and mirrors 

The salesman said it's because no one buys them and trying to push numbers but still, 31k financed after discounts. There is a 2015 plate for sale with 30k miles and it's going for 22 grand. That's like another 10k in a few years. So I know if I really wanted one I could hang fire a bit until is basically halves in value in 3 years lol. 

3 hours ago, JB33 said:

I feel like if I had like 20k in the bank or maybe even a full year of expenses and car payments I dont think if have cold feet or doubts. That tells me it's probably a security thing. A little gutted bit more relieved. I might wait until end of the year and bank some extra cash if I don't end up going for something else a bit cheaper. 

I get that that much security might seem excessive but it gives me some comfort now I've thought on it a good bit. 

IMO you have made a good decision there. Security / peace of mind is more important than a car. In a couple of years you will probably be able to get  15+ nismo for around £15k used anyway.

• Like 1

Always difficult to justify big cash spend on a week end car,i wanted to get another Supra but prices have gone mad and I didn't want to spend £18k on an old car.If I were you I would wait to get a nice used Nismo from a Nissan dealer with warranty,probably between £22 and £25k. 

8 hours ago, formatzero said:

Always difficult to justify big cash spend on a week end car,i wanted to get another Supra but prices have gone mad and I didn't want to spend £18k on an old car.If I were you I would wait to get a nice used Nismo from a Nissan dealer with warranty,probably between £22 and £25k. 

Totally. There is a 15 plate one already at 22k. Saving for another 6 months and then I'll get a used one. Only a few years old. 

When i lost  my black z I very nearly went down the finance/lease route with somthing German but I lost my  bottle and bought another z with the insurance. I'm glad I did since then I  have bought another house and over pay the morgatge best I can.

Having the z payed off means if work goes slack etc I don't need to worry about the morgatge as well as a car payments 

Edited by nissanman312