New 2018 370z Finance Offer

JB33

6 hours ago, antnee said:

Peoples opinions on finance always make me laugh - but everyone is entitled to their own.

I'm 3 weeks and 1000 miles into my financed 370Z ownership and I can't get enough of it :yahoo:

I've been on both sides of the argument over the years. I've realised that it comes down to the fact that it would be egotistical of me to tell someone what they should be doing with their money thinking that my opinion is better. The fact is, it's your money and you spend it how you see fit and what brings you joy :-). Everyone will always have an argument for and against. It's about balance in life and enjoying your money. 

For me, as long as I have savings and cash buffer then that's what makes me happy to sign on the dotted line. I can't wait to get mine either!

So, I was wondering by the Nissan dealer again yesterday and seen the Nismo version as I've just ordered my base edition. My god, it's gorgeous. The dealer was happy to trade me up but of course for extra coin. But it was far too expensive he could get it down to £520 a month. That's way too much cash for me for a weekend car. Stunning car though. If I had more disposable I would have gotten it. What are everyone's views on the Nismo value? Didn't feel any faster but looked better. 

20 minutes ago, Jetpilot said:

You asked a question before you didnt necessarily like peoples views on (egotistical etc) Sure you want to hear? :lol:

Yes I want to hear lol. Yeh as in people telling you how to spend your money. I'm always open to hearing others opinions :)..... Now tell me boy!!!! :lol:

Edited by JB33

Asking people about whether you should finance a 370z is kind of the same, but never mind.

Take a look at what Marsman has just bought for similar money (certainly less on the figures), i am afraid a 370z wouldnt even get a look in, they really are only Nismo by name and looks (i.e Nismo Juke), not like the proper special edition Nismos of old.

Edited by Jetpilot

4 minutes ago, Jetpilot said:

Asking people about whether you should finance a 370z is kind of the same, but never mind.

Take a look at what Marsman has just bought for similar money (certainly less on the figures), i am afraid a 370z wouldnt even get a look in, they really are only Nismo by name and looks (i.e Nismo Juke), not like the proper special edition Nismos of old.

I suppose you're right. Hold my hand up to being a hypocrite :lol:

Yeh I seen, the big 5.0. It's a stunning car but I do prefer the Nismo. You have a point there, Nismo doesn't hold the weight it once did. I'm in love with the exterior. Seems a lot to pay though. 

I got a Nismo as a compromise to what I really wanted - a Lotus Exige 350.

They were out of budget, and insurance was a nightmare.

I put £10k as a deposit, and my monthlies are £280, with a lump sum of £17.5k due at month 37. I think I got a good deal, considering I got the car within 3 weeks also. 

4 minutes ago, Mikevv said:

I got a Nismo as a compromise to what I really wanted - a Lotus Exige 350.

They were out of budget, and insurance was a nightmare.

I put £10k as a deposit, and my monthlies are £280, with a lump sum of £17.5k due at month 37. I think I got a good deal, considering I got the car within 3 weeks also. 

Thanks for the detail, appreciate it. That's a decent figure. I now fear I won't like the base model (even though it now comes standard with synchro match, performance clutch and tinted headlights). I like the seats and exterior or the Nismo but trying to fight the urge .... Maybe it will pass? Lol

Mine is £13,860 at the end of 3 years and only 500 deposit down. 297 a month. Seems the depreciation is still just as huge :( not high up on my list because I expect to lose money but just a thought. 

Edited by JB33

I loved the base 370, years ago.

Then I settled on a 350z. 18 months later I sold that to fund the Nismo. Can't imagine anything else tbh, it would always bug me seeing one knowing for not much more monthly I could have the top dog!

It's your money, but not having a big deposit makes monthlies seem unobtainable.

I got 3% APR I should add. So my total price was £37000 odd including finance over 3 years

3 hours ago, JB33 said:

I suppose you're right. Hold my hand up to being a hypocrite :lol:

Yeh I seen, the big 5.0. It's a stunning car but I do prefer the Nismo. You have a point there, Nismo doesn't hold the weight it once did. I'm in love with the exterior. Seems a lot to pay though. 

As you say earlier in the thread, its all down to personal choice and opinion, and if you prefer the 370z :thumbs: but i just cant help but think with what you paid, £23k, plus an extra £14k to buy a Nismo you could have one hell of an awesome 370z in the performance and looks department that is unique B)

Have a look back over the project threads and check out Parellos 370z or this for example:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nissan-370z-SUPERCHARGED-STILLEN-Fully-Loaded-BEAST/292484566818?hash=item4419704f22:g:FNIAAOSwUoxaqoKV

Edited by Jetpilot
  • Like 1

Ok so, to make things more difficult he has come back with a really strong offer on the Nismo. Think I'm going to do a bit more research on it. He has come back with 425 a month and same deposit for those of you interested in the monthlies. Oh man, what a devil he is lol. 

28 minutes ago, JB33 said:

Ok so, to make things more difficult he has come back with a really strong offer on the Nismo. Think I'm going to do a bit more research on it. He has come back with 425 a month and same deposit for those of you interested in the monthlies. Oh man, what a devil he is lol. 

Nismo all day long 

They look B)

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, JB33 said:

What is the total cost of the Nismo?

I bought a brand new Black Nismo back in January, cheapest deal was £32139 instead of £39950 with 4.6% APR.

£10k deposit, £500 per month for 2 years

Total is around £33700, including around £1600 ish of interest

Edited by Bikeracer

6 minutes ago, Bikeracer said:

What is the total cost of the Nismo?

I bought a brand new Black Nismo back in January, cheapest deal was £32139 instead of £39950 with 4.6% APR.

£10k deposit, £500 per month for 2 years

Total is around £33700, including around £1600 ish of interest

£36,450 rather than £40k. But there is 1000 from me deposit and 4k from them so the financed amount is £31,450 over 36 months at £427 a month and £18,500 balloon. 3.49 apr  Good deal? 

Edited by JB33

14 minutes ago, JB33 said:

£36,450 rather than £40k. But there is 1000 from me deposit and 4k from them so the financed amount is £31,450 over 36 months at £427 a month and £18,500 balloon. 3.49 apr  Good deal? 

That’s only £4K discount, I managed to get just over £7,850 discount from Nissan Worthing. £5,000 Nissan finance contribution and £2,850 ish dealer discount.

I think the £5000 finance contribution had been reduced to £4K however you should still be able to achieve around £6,800 discount plus also save around £400ish on the finance deal which I had as they have reduced the interest from 4.6% to 3.49%. Also 2 free years servicing deal on offer

Give James Barron at Nissan Worthing a call

Hope that helps

Edited by Bikeracer

8 minutes ago, Bikeracer said:

That’s only £4K discount, I managed to get just over £7,850 discount from Nissan Worthing. £5,000 Nissan finance contribution and £2,850 ish dealer discount.

I think the £5000 finance contribution had been reduced to £4K however you should still be able to achieve around £6,800 discount plus also save around £400ish on the finance deal which I had as they have reduced the interest from 4.6% to 3.49%. Also 2 free years servicing deal on offer

Give James Barron at Nissan Worthing a call

Hope that helps

Nice one. I'll give him a call. 

The financed amount exactly is 31,438. So minus my 1000 that's a discount of 7.5k as the list price is 40k. 

Edited by JB33

Sorry miss read you previous message, thought you mentioned £4K discount rather than £7.5k discount including Nissans finance contribution. Along with 3.49% finance and 2 years free servicing, it’s an excellent deal.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, JB33 said:

Thanks for the detail, appreciate it. That's a decent figure. I now fear I won't like the base model (even though it now comes standard with synchro match, performance clutch and tinted headlights). I like the seats and exterior or the Nismo but trying to fight the urge .... Maybe it will pass? Lol

Mine is £13,860 at the end of 3 years and only 500 deposit down. 297 a month. Seems the depreciation is still just as huge :( not high up on my list because I expect to lose money but just a thought. 

I went through a similar decision. I initially saw the offer on a Base model, but looked at the specs and decided I wanted the GT. I test drove the Nismo (twice B) ), but for me the Nismo was just a touch too harsh for the almost daily use I am having the car for. I find the GT rides really well where as the Nismo was verging on a crashy ride. 

And I like heated seats.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, antnee said:

I went through a similar decision. I initially saw the offer on a Base model, but looked at the specs and decided I wanted the GT. I test drove the Nismo (twice B) ), but for me the Nismo was just a touch too harsh for the almost daily use I am having the car for. I find the GT rides really well where as the Nismo was verging on a crashy ride. 

And I like heated seats.

I'm just worried I get the base model and regret it. I can afford the difference and wont come until September (I requested this) due to wedding lol. So means I'll bank more cash as savings. Oh man, I'm really stuck lol. Going to see it again on Friday for another test drive B)

I said I can live without a car but I can't; it's in my blood. People say I'm crazy for spending 425 a month on just 'a car'. But to me, they dony get my passion for them. It's something we can't explain. I'm happy even looking at one .... Lol. 

20 minutes ago, JB33 said:

People say I'm crazy for spending 425 a month on just 'a car'. But to me, they dony get my passion for them. It's something we can't explain. I'm happy even looking at one .... Lol. 

It's your money - spend it on what you want. I have known people who drive around in a crap car but will happily spend £10K a year on a holiday. I would rather have a nice car and spend a 'sensible' amount on a holiday.

I recall an argument between two work friends, one who was berating the other for financing a car. But the one doing the berating smoked 30 cigs a day, which would be around £450 a month now, and that was acceptable to them because they 'enjoyed' it.

3 minutes ago, Ponsonby said:

It's your money - spend it on what you want. I have known people who drive around in a crap car but will happily spend £10K a year on a holiday. I would rather have a nice car and spend a 'sensible' amount on a holiday.

I recall an argument between two work friends, one who was berating the other for financing a car. But the one doing the berating smoked 30 cigs a day, which would be around £450 a month now, and that was acceptable to them because they 'enjoyed' it.

Yeh that's a fair point. My mates go clubbing and holidays a fair bit but it doesn't interest me. Getting a good shine on the 370z and starting the ignition to empty your mind on a nice drive, ok now you have my attention :lol:

So, I got a final offer on it. I said I only wanted to put in £500 rather than 1000 deposit and I was told it wasn't possible. So I decided to leave it (hard sell). Get an email 30 minutes later saying it can be done but nothing else in the deal. 

So the Nismo is now £31,362 rather than £39,335 list price. B) now that seems like a bargain. I think I'm going to secure it on Friday. 

• Like 1

Nismo ordered for September delivery B). I did get a chance to drive a GT but instantly preferred the Nismo, looks, rigity, seats, noise etc. It made me smile more, sold.

Specified September for new plate change over and also a wedding, so didn't want the car to eat up into that money.

Can't wait.

2 minutes ago, JB33 said:

Nismo ordered for September delivery B). I did get a chance to drive a GT but instantly preferred the Nismo, looks, rigity, seats, noise etc. It made me smile more, sold.

Specified September for new plate change over and also a wedding, so didn't want the car to eat up into that money.

Can't wait.

I think you made the right decision I followed one home last night from a friends it looked awsome 

• Thanks 1

Good choice. When I got my car, I did toy with getting a lower model but had that same niggling doubt id wish id gone for the better model. So I just went with the better model for a start and havent looked back.

You have to wait until September? It killed me waiting 10 days to collect mine, I dont know how id cope waiting 6 months! argh!