New 2018 370z Finance Offer

JB33

Sorry, that wasn’t meant as a dig, I totally get the reasoning I was merely speaking in broad terms. Most manufacturers kill off the base model at the end of the life cycle, and it’s not like the 370 has been a massive seller for Nissan anyway. 

Just now, Ekona said:

Sorry, that wasn’t meant as a dig, I totally get the reasoning I was merely speaking in broad terms. Most manufacturers kill off the base model at the end of the life cycle, and it’s not like the 370 has been a massive seller for Nissan anyway. 

Ah I see :-). Agree though that fewer people would want a base. It's got the bells and whistles now though minus the cloth seats. But yeh, definatley fewer orders. 

7 hours ago, Jetpilot said:

That doesnt surprise me :yawn:

£7.69 a week :lol: when you have just done £40k, well strictly speaking, £1500 plus some payments :thumbs:

So i'm the idiot for being financially savvy and not wanting to throw £400 a year in the bin on road tax unnecessarily.  Good one. :thumbs:  You're right, I am putting my self in serious financial risk.  Maybe you could give me some financial advice seeing as you're successful enough to be buying a GTR?  Any help would be appreciated.

You can yawn all you want pal. Look, i can do it too. :yawn:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, marzman said:

So i'm the idiot for being financially savvy and not wanting to throw £400 a year in the bin on road tax unnecessarily.  Good one. :thumbs:  You're right, I am putting my self in serious financial risk.  Maybe you could give me some financial advice seeing as you're successful enough to be buying a GTR?  Any help would be appreciated.

You can yawn all you want pal. Look, i can do it too. :yawn:

Lets be fair here. Anyone 'financially savvy' would not finance the car in the first place (which would drastically reduce the amount of owners). They would buy it out right and slightly older year to avoid so much depreciation. To them the £500 would be an minimal expense.  Cars like these are not cheap to run, your looking at  £1000 for a good set of tyres, lots of fuel, and regular maintanence. I agree that if £500 road tax concerns someone then they should not be looking at a thirsty v6 sports car.

Edited by FallenAngelX

13 hours ago, JB33 said:

Yes, however; people are sometimes too excited by the new car and often dont give it a thought but agree that they should. 500 is quite steep though for people who like to pay all upfront. Also, 30k in usually financed so smaller payments and all of a sudden that 500 looks quite scary as it can eat up some of your budget. Not everyone pays cash and would be equally idiotic to do so on a new car due to the immediate loss. Unless cash is no object then finance is usually the method. 

If you are buying cash best bet is usually to go abit older to get towards the bottom of the depreciation curve. 

I have never seen an instance where the numbers come out ahead with finance. Its hard to justify buying new due to the massive hit. Buying new is a rich mans game, but also a mugs game for alot of people. 

3 hours ago, FallenAngelX said:

If you are buying cash best bet is usually to go abit older to get towards the bottom of the depreciation curve. 

I have never seen an instance where the numbers come out ahead with finance. Its hard to justify buying new due to the massive hit. Buying new is a rich mans game, but also a mugs game for alot of people. 

I do tend to agree with you as I worked hard to get out of debt and did have car finance before. I now have zero debt but did go back into the deal for the Z but being bedt free allowed me to save a large cash buffer, so the car payments take up the part of my budget I was happy to burn away and still bank the rest. For me, I'm happy with the deal due to the security of a large emergency savings pot and disposable left over. I'm happy to take on that risk. As I say, I went old before on the 350z at the bottom end of depreciation (8 years old) and it was a nightmare. I don't fancy sinking my savings into an old model. I hear what you're saying but for me, a new car is both a treat and within budget. 

Edited by JB33

Congratulations JB33 on deciding on a new zed.

As long as it's within budget and it's something that will bring long lasting joy, you've made the right decision.

My zed was the first new car I ever bought when I was 34.

There is something extra special in getting a brand new car and knowing the history 100%.

Buying new is only a mugs game if not in budget, meaning you're struggling to balance your budget at the end of the year.

You know pics are mandatory on arrival!

• Thanks 1

JB33 - congratulations on your purchase. Shame it's going to be a long wait but will be worth it when the day comes for collection.

You will get a lot of the could have done this, could have bought that etc. but if I were you I would just ignore this thread now so it doesn't spoil things for you.

I choose Z's because there is something special about them which is why I have owned 3 now.

5 minutes ago, HEADPHONES said:

Congratulations JB33 on deciding on a new zed.

As long as it's within budget and it's something that will bring long lasting joy, you've made the right decision.

My zed was the first new car I ever bought when I was 34.

There is something extra special in getting a brand new car and knowing the history 100%.

Buying new is only a mugs game if not in budget, meaning you're struggling to balance your budget at the end of the year.

You know pics are mandatory on arrival!

Thanks fella. Yes, pics are mandatory :). Agreed as well, if it's all in budget and you have a backup plan then I don't see the problem if thats how one chooses to spend their money. 

On ‎19‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 17:49, JB33 said:

We can settle this by agreeing that everyone has a different take on what's special to them. 

This hits it on the head.Put a question on any forum and you will get plenty of opinions.I am into guitars as well as cars,would I buy a new guitar,no ,always bought second hand, but my eldest son just spent £1500 on a new one because that's what he wanted,so get what you want, we are only here a short time.As a matter of interest which dealer did you choose ?

3 minutes ago, formatzero said:

This hits it on the head.Put a question on any forum and you will get plenty of opinions.I am into guitars as well as cars,would I buy a new guitar,no ,always bought second hand, but my eldest son just spent £1500 on a new one because that's what he wanted,so get what you want, we are only here a short time.As a matter of interest which dealer did you choose ?

Yeh agreed. I chosen AF Noble. They beat any car wow offer and given the most discount. 

I wouldn’t let one bad experience put you off 350z’s. I had mine for 4 years without a single issue and It stood over winter. I sold it last week. 

Id much rather have a nice clean, low mile, low owner 350z HR than any 370z. 

Imo a new 370z will depreciate much more over the next 3 years than it has in the last 3 years. It’s one of the poorest financial decisions you could make on a car with your budget. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Kev said:

I wouldn’t let one bad experience put you off 350z’s. I had mine for 4 years without a single issue and It stood over winter. I sold it last week. 

Id much rather have a nice clean, low mile, low owner 350z HR than any 370z. 

Imo a new 370z will depreciate much more over the next 3 years than it has in the last 3 years. It’s one of the poorest financial decisions you could make on a car with your budget. 

In all fairness, financial investment doesn't come into my mind when buying a car as I already know it's a terrible investment. It's for fun and enjoyment and I have the budget to do so. It's already a done deal too. :)

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, JB33 said:

In all fairness, financial investment doesn't come into my mind when buying a car as I already know it's a terrible investment. It's for fun and enjoyment and I have the budget to do so. It's already a done deal too. :)

Good choice. I only read the first page before replying :)

I agree cars are not a investment. Ive lost a fortune over the years and will in the future. 

Edited by Kev

29 minutes ago, Kev said:

Good choice. I only read the first page before replying :)

I agree cars are not a investment. Ive lost a fortune over the years and will in the future. 

Thanks for the input. 'better' is subjective though and I did test drive lots of cars and the Z ticked all of my boxes. Minus back seats lol. 

16 hours ago, FallenAngelX said:

Lets be fair here. Anyone 'financially savvy' would not finance the car in the first place (which would drastically reduce the amount of owners). They would buy it out right and slightly older year to avoid so much depreciation. To them the £500 would be an minimal expense.  Cars like these are not cheap to run, your looking at  £1000 for a good set of tyres, lots of fuel, and regular maintanence. I agree that if £500 road tax concerns someone then they should not be looking at a thirsty v6 sports car.

Roughly 3 million new cars are sold in the UK every year, and about 85% of those are financed via deals similar to the OP's and the one i've just signed up to, so deals of this nature are very much the norm.   The stigma attached to financing a car is a really old fashioned point of view in my opinion.

You're right though -  its obviously cheaper to buy a used car rather than new, but its also a choice - I chose for the first time in my life to splash out on a new car as a treat to myself (at age 34, same as you Andy!).  Even if I had £40k cash spare, I wouldn't be spending it on a car.

And again - saying if you care about a £500 tax bill you cant afford to buy the car, its utter tosh! I care about the tax bill and I can afford the car!  You don't get rich by throwing money away.

13 hours ago, JB33 said:

I do tend to agree with you as I worked hard to get out of debt and did have car finance before. I now have zero debt but did go back into the deal for the Z but being bedt free allowed me to save a large cash buffer, so the car payments take up the part of my budget I was happy to burn away and still bank the rest. For me, I'm happy with the deal due to the security of a large emergency savings pot and disposable left over. I'm happy to take on that risk. As I say, I went old before on the 350z at the bottom end of depreciation (8 years old) and it was a nightmare. I don't fancy sinking my savings into an old model. I hear what you're saying but for me, a new car is both a treat and within budget. 

Sounds like you planned well ahead. Main thinf is that you enjoy the car! 

21 minutes ago, marzman said:

Roughly 3 million new cars are sold in the UK every year, and about 85% of those are financed via deals similar to the OP's and the one i've just signed up to, so deals of this nature are very much the norm.   The stigma attached to financing a car is a really old fashioned point of view in my opinion.

You're right though -  its obviously cheaper to buy a used car rather than new, but its also a choice - I chose for the first time in my life to splash out on a new car as a treat to myself (at age 34, same as you Andy!).  Even if I had £40k cash spare, I wouldn't be spending it on a car.

And again - saying if you care about a £500 tax bill you cant afford to buy the car, its utter tosh! I care about the tax bill and I can afford the car!  You don't get rich by throwing money away.

Its not a dig in anyway, im just saying it how it is. Main thing is that you enjoy the car! But I stand by the statement that if £500 tax is putting you off then its the wrong car. A good set of tyres will set you back £1k. Sports cars are expensive to maintain, if £500 tax is off putting then the repair bills will make you weep.

32 minutes ago, marzman said:

Even if I had £40k cash spare, I wouldn't be spending it on a car.

I care about the tax bill and I can afford the car!  

If your first statement is true, no you cant afford the car, you can afford the payments, there is quite a difference.

And i dont blame you one bit, 0%, hardly anything down etc etc, why the hell not, but i wouldnt quibble about £8 a week and specking a car to deliberately come in under £40k to save just £8 a week, but thats just me :)  

3 hours ago, Jetpilot said:

If your first statement is true, no you cant afford the car, you can afford the payments, there is quite a difference.

And i dont blame you one bit, 0%, hardly anything down etc etc, why the hell not, but i wouldnt quibble about £8 a week and specking a car to deliberately come in under £40k to save just £8 a week, but thats just me :)  

Yeah but thats just semantics.  You're right, I haven't got £40k sat in the bank so no, I cant afford the car.  But i own it, it's on my drive, i'm making the payments, and i've averaged 13mpg in my first 200 miles. :lol:

Horses for courses I guess.  I'm getting smiles per gallon with the fuel economy but tax is just money in the bin.  As i dont see value in it I dont want to pay it.  Im just really tight with money!  I'll happily pick up 5p off the floor.