New 2018 370z Finance Offer

JB33

4 hours ago, Jetpilot said:

If anyone doing £23k let alone £30k on a car has any issue with tax costs, quite simply, they cant afford it!

It will make zero difference when it comes to resale.

I beg to differ!  This week i've bought a new car priced at a smidge under £40k because if spending over £40k you have to pay £540 annual tax as opposed to £140.  I don't want to waste money unnecessarily.

Edited by marzman

1 hour ago, Jetpilot said:

That doesnt surprise me :yawn:

£7.69 a week :lol: when you have just done £40k, well strictly speaking, £1500 plus some payments :thumbs:

I agree that the majority people would be put off by a high road tax car. Maybe some can't just budget the car but not the extra road tax. It can affect the resell value and I don't think there is any denying that. Especially now that you need to tax the car immediately on buying and some people prefer to pay yearly rather than monthly and it's a lot to absorb at once. 

Edited by JB33

If your budget is that stretched that £7.69 a week makes a difference, you will end up in serious serious financial trouble, whether you have to find it in a lump sum or not for the first year! 

350z HR's dont seem to suffer with extra road tax costs and resale (you have one yourself).

I am looking at spending a similar amount to Marsman on a car in next few months, if i end up with a GTR (most likely) the running costs associated for a year are vast, i havent even looked at tax as i know i can afford it otherwise i wouldnt be looking to do £40-£50k on ANY car and £7.69 probably equates to 20 miles a week of fuel, its neither here nor there! 

1 minute ago, Jetpilot said:

If your budget is that stretched that £7.69 a week makes a difference, you will end up in serious serious financial trouble, whether you have to find it in a lump sum or not for the first year! 

350z HR's dont seem to suffer with extra road tax costs and resale (you have one yourself).

I am looking at spending a similar amount to Marsman on a car in next few months, if i end up with a GTR (most likely) the running costs associated for a year are vast, i havent even looked at tax as i know i can afford it otherwise i wouldnt be looking to do £40-£50k on ANY car and £7.69 probably equates to 20 miles a week of fuel, its neither here nor there! 

I'm happy to pay the road tax and yes, I owned a 350 and had to as well. What I'm saying is that other people (selling the car on) might feel differently. I agree, that if you can't afford the road tax then you shouldn't be looking. But so many people these days do stupid s*** with their money every day and get themselves deep into trouble. That problem, I cannot fix :-). 

1 minute ago, Ekona said:

Anyone who runs a performance car or who spends over £30k on a new car and even gives VED a second thought needs shooting. It’s totally and utterly irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. 

Yes, however; people are sometimes too excited by the new car and often dont give it a thought but agree that they should. 500 is quite steep though for people who like to pay all upfront. Also, 30k in usually financed so smaller payments and all of a sudden that 500 looks quite scary as it can eat up some of your budget. Not everyone pays cash and would be equally idiotic to do so on a new car due to the immediate loss. Unless cash is no object then finance is usually the method. 

10 minutes ago, Ekona said:

Does it bobbins :lol: assuming a £30k car is going to have payments of at least £300pcm, another £24 is nothing. 

You missed my point about some people like to pay off the road tax in one go. Also high road tax rates is a factor for people to reject cars. Period. 

Edited by JB33

25 minutes ago, Ekona said:

Does it bobbins :lol: assuming a £30k car is going to have payments of at least £300pcm, another £24 is nothing. 

You’re living in a world where people will spend thousands of pounds on another TV only to sulk about the £10 delivery charge though.

Just because you’re capable of logic and context doesn’t mean everyone is!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, ilogikal1 said:

You’re living in a world where people will spend thousands of pounds on another TV only to sulk about the £10 delivery charge though.

Just because you’re capable of logic and context doesn’t mean everyone is!

My brothers mother in-law will drive a good 15-20 mins to save 5 cents a gallon.... (USA) 

She refused to acknowledge that it would cost her more in the fuel she used to go there and back than she was saving.

• Haha 2

43 minutes ago, JB33 said:

Also high road tax rates is a factor for people to reject cars. Period. 

There are two people on this thread who wont reject a car because of higher road tax. Period.

If you want to show me some statistics to back up your claims, feel free, but otherwise its just opinion based and neither of us are right or wrong!

Just now, Jetpilot said:

What immediate loss is this?

Depreciation. The majority of people dont pay cold hard cash for a brand new car. There is plenty of evidence to support this online too. 

2 minutes ago, Jetpilot said:

So your financed car will depreciate differently to a cash purchased car? 

No, it will still depreciate, however; I'm getting a large cash contribution for taking finance Instead but I wouldnt get this for paying cash. So the contribution soaks up some depreciation. 

Jeez, everyone trying to argue with me. I've place the order already and I'm happy with it and cannot wait. 

Edited by JB33
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, JB33 said:

No, it will still depreciate, however; I'm getting a large cash contribution for taking finance Instead but I wouldnt get this for paying cash. So the contribution soaks up some depreciation. 

Jeez, everyone trying to argue with me. I've place the order already and I'm happy with it and cannot wait. 

If you’re happy then that’s all that counts. I’m sure you’ll enjoy the car when it arrives! 

No one is arguing, is called a discussion and answering your question and i quote:

Anyones thought? I really want it but panicking about going back into “debt” as such but it does look like a great deal.

So we are just giving our thoughts on what you asked, sorry you dont like the thoughts presented, good luck with the new purchase and just to add, no you are not getting a large contribution to finance, you are getting a large contribution as the dealer doesnt want to be lumbered with an ageing model that they will end up "buying" from Nissan, see Marsmans thread re how that works!

Edited by Jetpilot

1 minute ago, bigjackb said:

If you’re happy then that’s all that counts. I’m sure you’ll enjoy the car when it arrives! 

Yes, very happy. Life is too short and money is for spending when the balance is right. Looking. Forward to it. 

1 minute ago, Jetpilot said:

No one is arguing, is called a discussion and answering your question and i quote:

Anyones thought? I really want it but panicking about going back into “debt” as such but it does look like a great deal.

So we are just giving our thoughts on what you asked, sorry you dont like the thoughts presented, good luck with the new purchase!

I'm going to enjoy the car. 4 months wait though. 

Just now, JB33 said:

I'm going to enjoy the car. 4 months wait though. 

The actual F..

I went through carwow, got a Nismo within 2 weeks and that was cause I wanted to sell my old car first! 

New, 6 miles, not prereg or anything. Thats an agonising wait! 

15 minutes ago, Mikevv said:

The actual F..

I went through carwow, got a Nismo within 2 weeks and that was cause I wanted to sell my old car first! 

New, 6 miles, not prereg or anything. Thats an agonising wait! 

I know. The nismos are actually coming out faster. The actual F indeed. I did try car wow. The chap told me it was 6-9 months wait. I thought no chance. But the Nissan dealer said about 4 for a new bass model. 

Edited by JB33

It makes sense really, I can imagine no one really wants the basic model anymore esp when the car itself is so old now, so everyone is buying the newer one which is what they’re maximising production of. 

I’m actually half amazed that they’re producing the standard 370 at all. 

4 minutes ago, Ekona said:

It makes sense really, I can imagine no one really wants the basic model anymore esp when the car itself is so old now, so everyone is buying the newer one which is what they’re maximising production of. 

I’m actually half amazed that they’re producing the standard 370 at all. 

Yeah they're producing it and the discounts are amazing, hence my interest. I prefer the cubby hole rather than sat nav. Cloth seats suck a bit but other than that I didn't see the reason to upgrade to the GT. Plus the base doesn't come with shitey artificial sound pumped into the cabin. 

The base now comes with a diff, rev match and an updated clutch. The GT Given additional speakers, fake sound and sat nav with half leather. Not worth 5k more. 

The nismo is bad ass but not comfortable spending that amount per month for a weekend car. Maybe if I had more disposable. 

Edited by JB33