New 2018 370z Finance Offer

JB33

2 minutes ago, Jetpilot said:

Yes i know, what i mean is its a car thats been around for nearly 10 years, its old hat sorry to say!

But lots of cars have been around for years? Your logic is nonsense lol

Not at all, as marzman says, if i was spending £300 a month on a new car, i wouldnt want a 10 year design car near the end of its production run. as i said, its your money, your choice, but personally would be looking at something far more current and impressive than a 370z :thumbs:

• Like 1

I see your point but my other option is a Z4 which has also been out forever. So either way it's an old design but one which I love so it's a no brainer. Also no longer in production is attractive to me as it will probably retain more value. 

On 18/03/2018 at 00:48, marzman said:

I dont understand this logic at all... If only £11k is leaving his bank account in that period, how can he be losing £21k!? 

To the OP, i think this sounds like a really good deal based on PCP deals of similar cars.  The only thing I would question is buying a 2018 370z in the first place, when they're essentially a 10 year old car at this point.  I'd want something a lot newer for my money.

Ah, if the loan includes the depreciation value like a PCP deal then you are correct. :thumbs:

I assumed, maybe wrongly, that the loan was purely on the original value of the vehicle and so the OP would be paying £11k in interest and repayments on the loan, then when he came to sell the vehicle would be hit by the depreciation cost.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, antnee said:

I would genuinely like to see what people would get instead of a new Z for the money. I just looked around and couldn't find any, so bought a Z! 

Agreed. For the money the Z is difficult to beat. It's a gem of a car for the money. 

I test driven both the m240i and almost purchased the GT86. 

The m240i was very refined, quiet and actually quite boring and was miles more expensive. The GT86 felt cheap and there were lots of rattles, good fun though. The 370z felt brutal and beastly. Like a muscle car and thats the car I'd have as it suits my personality and desires. I'd chose it every day of the week. This is of course my opinion and which car is best is of course, very subjective. 

Edited by JB33
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Ekona said:

:lol:

Glorified hatchback? Exterior looks aside, it knocks spots off the 370 in absolutely every department. But then so it should, as it’s not ten years old. 

I prefer the arches and aggressive look of the 370. It's a subjective thing though as everyone has different likes 

11 minutes ago, JB33 said:

This is of course my opinion and which car is best is of course

I dont really think you can argue the m240i isnt a better car, its faster, handles better, better built with better interior, but it may not however be the better car for you which i totally get, but its definitely a better car in every department (ignoring looks which are subjective) :) 

Ok, maybe I was a tad harsh on the hatchback comment but the way I see it is; a sports car should be 'special', something you don't see all the time, something that makes an occasion out of every journey and is quirky in some way. Most achieve this through a 2 seat, 2 door format with un-compromising engine that is there for the fun and enjoyment of driving. 

An M240i is essentially a 1 series with a boot, I must have seen over 50 1 & 2 series on my 20 mile drive home just now. The public couldn't pick out a M240i from a 216d M Sport. How many people turn to look as a M240i goes past? I would bet it as a small fraction of the number that watch a 370Z go past. Can you compare the 2 cars on paper? Yes you can, but that isn't why you buy a sports car.

Just now, pintopete58 said:

Save up for two years and get the new zed 475 bhp

It's not about power, I felt the 350z hr was too much and could easily get done speeding. Sod 475. Would be scares to drive it. 

18 minutes ago, antnee said:

Ok, maybe I was a tad harsh on the hatchback comment but the way I see it is; a sports car should be 'special', something you don't see all the time, something that makes an occasion out of every journey and is quirky in some way. Most achieve this through a 2 seat, 2 door format with un-compromising engine that is there for the fun and enjoyment of driving. 

An M240i is essentially a 1 series with a boot, I must have seen over 50 1 & 2 series on my 20 mile drive home just now. The public couldn't pick out a M240i from a 216d M Sport. How many people turn to look as a M240i goes past? I would bet it as a small fraction of the number that watch a 370Z go past. Can you compare the 2 cars on paper? Yes you can, but that isn't why you buy a sports car.

I wouldnt disagree with anything you have said, well apart from the  m240i being comparable.

I like a car to appeal visually too, when i bought my 350z i could have easily bought a M3, just the looks swayed it and to be fair, the 350 isnt a million miles behind the e46 in performance just not as refined,

However, you can buy a 370z for £15k ish, the op is about to loose 66% of that in just three years, apart from the letters on the number plate, there really isnt any difference, sorry i just cant get my head around that unless you earn considerable money.

Anyway, each to their own, enjoy :thumbs:

1 hour ago, Jetpilot said:

I wouldnt disagree with anything you have said, well apart from the  m240i being comparable.

I like a car to appeal visually too, when i bought my 350z i could have easily bought a M3, just the looks swayed it and to be fair, the 350 isnt a million miles behind the e46 in performance just not as refined,

However, you can buy a 370z for £15k ish, the op is about to loose 66% of that in just three years, apart from the letters on the number plate, there really isnt any difference, sorry i just cant get my head around that unless you earn considerable money.

Anyway, each to their own, enjoy :thumbs:

I agree with you totally on buying an older one especially when the z is a older design and is on its way out ...there is so many real minters about for that money and you would possibly lose a good bit less over the 3 years 

My supercharged z is possibly only worth that and most likely less saleable due to the extensive mods ...would I change it for anything I can buy for 15k no way (my opinion of course) 

If I was about to buy somthing worth 30+ I'd be thinking seriously about other stuff .

The 370 is a sports car bargain at 12/15k not 30+ not anymore sadly 

Either way enjoy which ever you go for op 

This is after all just people's opinions 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, formatzero said:

If all you are worried about is reliability why not buy a used Zed from a Nissan dealer with one year free warranty and pay to add additional years.

I did think of this but the used ones at 2 or 3 years old are around 20k. A brand new one is 23k. There really wasn't much in it and by the time you add on two year warranty too. Going new, I'd end up with a newer car at the end of the deal too. Plus, it includes free servicing and also a lower tax rate band of 140 a year. I actually think the newer one worked out better given the discounts nissan are throwing at you at the moment. 

The problem is everyone else will know Nissan are knocking them out at £23k or so, you will soon find the older cars probably take a massive hit this year because as you say, who is going to buy a 2-3 year old car when you get a new one for £3k more or thereabouts, the older cars will also take a knock because of this and you may find values evening out over the model years. The next bit of food for thought is, when is production likely to end, if not already planned, Nissan will then have a further surplus they might knock out even cheaper, knocking the value down the line some more. On paper it may look like your saving £6k, but just ignore that figure, your loosing £11k plus.

All the said and done though, if you are happy to loose £11k its not a problem,but i do think you need to ask, what are you happy to loose, if values drop further and your in the hole at £15k perhaps more (nearly a years worth of your disposable income) are you still happy?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jetpilot said:

The problem is everyone else will know Nissan are knocking them out at £23k or so, you will soon find the older cars probably take a massive hit this year because as you say, who is going to buy a 2-3 year old car when you get a new one for £3k more or thereabouts, the older cars will also take a knock because of this and you may find values evening out over the model years. The next bit of food for thought is, when is production likely to end, if not already planned, Nissan will then have a further surplus they might knock out even cheaper, knocking the value down the line some more. On paper it may look like your saving £6k, but just ignore that figure, your loosing £11k plus.

All the said and done though, if you are happy to loose £11k its not a problem,but i do think you need to ask, what are you happy to loose, if values drop further and your in the hole at £15k perhaps more (nearly a years worth of your disposable income) are you still happy?

Worst case surely is that the OP hands it back after 3 years having paid £300 month? If it is worth more than the GFV after the 3 years then he could buy it and sell it on.

A pretty bog standard family car will cost £23K these days ....

A used MY18 Zed will be worth more than other used zeds as the annual tax is significantly cheaper...

We know how many people make it a deal breaker on DE's with the lower power, cheaper interior & lights so it may better to buy a brand new one than a two year old one when you come to sell on.