Project Garage and other stuff

ATTAK Z

I could get Bob in my garage with a good 5ft to spare :lol: . .  unfortunately my garage is now too full of crap tp get anything in :dry:

You all need to move to the cool part of the world :stir:

Edited by DoogyRev
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, marzman said:

Oops, got those digits in the wrong order somehow.  I meant its 4784, so that'll leave me 11cm spare front and back,

A tennis ball on a length of string from the ceiling so it touches the windscreen when you are in far enough or a piece of 3x2 timber bolted to the floor as a stop for the tyres maybe? 

That or just handbrake it in backwards in a cloud of smoking rubber. :p 

Edited by leonk
Space for dramatic effect.
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, ATTAK Z said:

Brickie turned up today ... I didn't expect him to TBH

The brickie my builder uses wont lay bricks if its below 2 degrees as apparently it makes the cement set a funny colour or something. To be fair to the guy, he`s not workshy, he knocks up walls like he`s been knocking back some speed.

Yea there's a clause in the specification usually ... something like:

'Masonry should not be laid until the ambient temperature is 2 degrees and rising'

Freezing conditions will form ice crystals with any free water which will causes expansion and obviously will weaken the brickwork/masonry. Conditions here today will be OK.

• Like 1

Here's the NHBC advice (not that I take much notice of the NHBC's opinions)

MASONRY

1.4 - S5
Masonry shall not be laid in cold weather unless suitable precautions are taken

MINIMUM TEMPERATURES

Materials which have been damaged by frost or are frozen should NOT be used.

When the temperature is below or likely to fall below 2°C, masonry should NOT be laid unless heating is provided. The temperature should be checked throughout the day on a maximum and minimum thermometer.

PROTECTION

Newly laid masonry will need protection when the temperature is below or likely to fall below 2°C.

14 hours ago, ATTAK Z said:

There'll be new tiles on the roof, clay instead of concrete. I would like pantiles but the pitch may be too low ... roofer will sort it

I'm pretty sure Marley do a red clay pantile that will go down to a 13 degree pitch if that's what you're after.

Rains stopped play at my place. However, ive given the builder the go ahead to extend my garage whilst he`s here (man logic and all that). Should mean I end up with a 11m x 5m (internal measurements) garage at the end of it.

Tomorrows supposed to be nice & sunny so hopefully things can get moving again then.

On 28/03/2018 at 13:33, rabbitstew said:

Rains stopped play at my place. However, ive given the builder the go ahead to extend my garage whilst he`s here (man logic and all that). Should mean I end up with a 11m x 5m (internal measurements) garage at the end of it.

Tomorrows supposed to be nice & sunny so hopefully things can get moving again then.

Wow that's a small bungalow not a garage !!!

• Like 1