Fresh from the motor show.. my opinion...

AMT

So I usually am not a fan of either Merc or BWW, there are some items like the 8 Series original or ...well I can't think of much Mercs I like... and the trend continues.

What is it with Merc and this horrendous rear they like using?....

https://carbuzz.com/news/mercedes-finally-reveals-amg-gt-4-door-coupe

When BMW can come up with a belter like this....

https://carbuzz.com/news/bmw-makes-us-envious-with-green-concept-m8-gran-coupe

(the diff for me is the rear, love the tail flick...makes it complete somehow..where as the Merc dull, bulbus thing is... bit like the 350's without that tiny spoiler... just not right lol I'm not suggesting they put a spoiler on it its just ugly no matter what you do, needs a re-design if you ask me. And yes I do not like the AMG GT-R thing either)

Other way round for me. That M8GC end is waaaaay too fussy, but the AMG GT 4DC is significantly better than what we've seen of late on their 4-seat saloon/coupe models (C-Class, I'm looking right at you here).

The AMG GT-R is a thing of muscular beauty. So once again, you're wrong. :p:lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I hate to agree with Ekona, but absolutely agree, you may have done some design degree (cant remember) but you are so so wrong, the AMGT is a gorgeous thing, so subtle but striking and achingly good lines, i absolutely fell in love with one at my local dealership, the BMW is way too fussy, particularly the front bit like the CTR, but i agree the back end is nice but for me its just too long with too much going in the middle.

I have to ask, have you actually seen any of these cars in the flesh, or just passing verdict from 2d images on a screen? Although i am obviously doing that myself with regards to the BMW.

Edited by Jetpilot

Dare I say it - agree with the lads directly above the AMG back end is stunning, so clean and simple yet has a presence about it without having to scream and shout and throw its arms in the air like the back end of the BMW which has angles pulling you in all directions.  Lets hope the Beemer doesnt go all Civic Type R on us :lol: