Recommended cover for 370z

hmale4yu

Looking for a cover out doors for 370z Nismo Mk2

Any recommendations?

Would an overkill option be using an indoor and then covering it with a  cheaper more robust out door one? Just to minimise any paint scratches and as the indoor ones look really sexy lol 

Unless the car is fully cleaned before you put the cover on every single time, any exterior cover that touches the paintwork will induce scratches. If you literally only use the car once a week that might be something you could put up with, but that would drive me nuts :lol:

You'd be better off getting it corrected then coated. Makes stuff less likely to stick to it, and the stuff that does a breeze to get off.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Ekona said:

Unless Even if the car is fully cleaned before you put the cover on every single time, any exterior cover that touches the paintwork will induce scratches. If you literally only use the car once a week that might be something you could put up with, but that would drive me nuts :lol:

You'd be better off getting it corrected then coated. Makes stuff less likely to stick to it, and the stuff that does a breeze to get off.

FTFY. ;)

You'd be best off buying a house with a garage, otherwise just accept the car is going to get wet and dirty from time to time.

I never did understand the point of car covers anyway.

• Like 1

Car cover scare mongering should be a recognised form of social media trolling. ;)

Halfords large outdoor cover works fine with a Nismo.  Put on a clean car, secure tightly and replace every year to 18 months when it (the cover not the Nismo :) ) starts to get tatty.  And ignore the panic merchants. 

Edited by sipar69

It’s not trolling, it’s called the obvious ;) You don’t think that having something touching the paint directly and moving around isn’t going to affect the paint at all?

If you have to clean the car every time before you put the cover on, then why bother with the cover? It’s a mass produced modern car, it’ll be fine exposed to a bit of sun and rain. 

Edited by Ekona

Oh I'm sure it does affect the paint, as does being out in the environment generally, but just not as much as people make out as long you follow some basic common sense practices.  I can honestly say that after keeping the Z under a cover for over four years it still looked immaculate on the day I sold it.  Did it have swirls if you looked close enough in the right light? Very probably, but so do cars that aren't covered. 

Using a cover isn't necessarily about thinking the car will dissolve if it's not covered; for me it was about being able to wash it on a nice day after a drive, leave it in the street for a week and go back to it still looking pretty good.  It reduced the amount of time I had to spend cleaning the car (because I liked it to look good when I drove it) and also made what was a really quite conspicuous car less noticeable in the street (trust me - the car got a lot of attention when it was uncovered and none when it was covered - luckily it was always positive attention, but there always that risk with it being parked on the road). 

We've moved to a place with a garage now but I'd defo use a cover again if I needed to.

I do agree that if your car is a daily driver a cover is probably more trouble than it's worth but if like me you got to drive only at the weekends and had to park in the street, it was a worthwhile investment.  Horses for courses and all that. :)

Edited by sipar69