Coffee Lovers...er...unite?

Jay84

I'm a massive coffee addict and can't get out of the house without a strong one. I've been using a filter machine for the past 8 years that hasn't steered me wrong yet. But I crave that freshness that can only come from a bean to cup machine, and since I can get 1gk for £8 from costco (its £3 for 250g at Tesco). I want a machine where I can just push a couple of buttons and my coffee is dispensed 30 seconds later without me faffing with filling with water and grounds. I've been looking at a DeLonghi Esam 5500, and some Jura units. The problem is some of the Jura units are over £1k...imagine what I could do to the Zed with that. 

So, who else is a coffee addict? What machines do you use?

Jay

3 hours ago, Ekona said:

Love the smell of coffee, but can’t stand the taste. I’d literally rather lick Ariana Grande’s poop chute. 

Actually I’d probably pay for that...

Sorry Dan we just fell out and it's not over the poop chute "on the Eighth day god created coffee" I suggest you mend your wicked ways blasphemer :angry:

any way back topic I use a delonghi Expresso machine with ESE coffee pods all the taste huge variety good price and no mess

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Easy_Serving_Espresso_Pod

:)

• Like 1

See i've not really been sold on the pod revolution, I like the control of adjusting the amount of grounds I get. I know I could just buy the relevant pods, but it doesn't seems quite the same to me. 

37 minutes ago, Jay84 said:

See i've not really been sold on the pod revolution, I like the control of adjusting the amount of grounds I get. I know I could just buy the relevant pods, but it doesn't seems quite the same to me. 

I know exactly what you're saying I was the same used to spend huge amounts of money on beans and machines and I hate to say it this way is not as good but it's 90% and no hassle :shrug:

4 minutes ago, Ekona said:

It’s just coffee. Mug, spoon, hot water, Nescafé. Milk and sugar to taste. Job done. 

Dan you are a vile creature stop calling floor sweepings that come in a jar Coffee.

• Haha 1

At home just a simple cheap ass nespresso unit I've had for 5 years? 

I also freeze some roasted beans from hasbean.co.uk (always high altitude, South or Central America, machine washed and dry in the small farms), so will grind em and frenchie press too. They give great details on the products they sell and visit many of the farmers too. 

At work they have an expensive machine but we're stuck with one bean variety  :(

• Like 1

Been down the Krupps and Keurig route and TBH you can't beat decent beans, grind to your taste and brew, its quick and easy in one of these

1a3d24c2-7d99-4f7f-bbed-4351aeeac516_1.2

Canada is a coffee nation, way more so than the UK . . we are spoilt for choice with beans, there is a place down the road that roast their own, its not even a shed, more a shack, but they are great.  

And if any one mentions Tim Hortons . . . please go and drown yourself in a bath tub of their disgusting coffee :lol:

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, ilogikal1 said:

In fairness to him, at no point in his last post did he mention coffee. :lol:

He did he said "it's just coffee"  he used the words just coffee I say ban him for his sins or at least stone him :dry:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, DoogyRev said:

Been down the Krupps and Keurig route and TBH you can't beat decent beans, grind to your taste and brew, its quick and easy in one of these

1a3d24c2-7d99-4f7f-bbed-4351aeeac516_1.2

Canada is a coffee nation, way more so than the UK . . we are spoilt for choice with beans, there is a place down the road that roast their own, its not even a shed, more a shack, but they are great.  

And if any one mentions Tim Hortons . . . please go and drown yourself in a bath tub of their disgusting coffee :lol:

Yeah I have one of these, especially handy when camping or on a portable stove. 

Sounds ace I always wanted to move to Canada.

56 minutes ago, RobPhoboS said:

At home just a simple cheap ass nespresso unit I've had for 5 years? 

I also freeze some roasted beans from hasbean.co.uk (always high altitude, South or Central America, machine washed and dry in the small farms), so will grind em and frenchie press too. They give great details on the products they sell and visit many of the farmers too. 

At work they have an expensive machine but we're stuck with one bean variety  :(

I'm stuck with a kettle at work and micro ground instant mix.  Lavazza is a good one. 

• Like 1

I bought a delonghi magnifica after seeing the one at work being used and abused at work  (by dozens of people) for 2 years and not working faultlessly. Great little machine, even has steam facility for capuchino lovers. The only slight criticism I’d say is that it’s quite noisy when grinding the beans, not the end of the world tho

19 minutes ago, Davectr said:

The only slight criticism I’d say is that it’s quite noisy when grinding the beans,

There is no such thing as a quiet coffee grinder :lol:

Edited by DoogyRev
  • Like 1