New car Purchase - TT or Mustang? EDIT Mustang purchased!

marzman

3 hours ago, marzman said:

Only just seen this. :lol:  Yep i'll pop over, a visit is well over due!

:yahoo: Congratulations Chris, really glad you got it sorted. Looking forward to seeing the Mustaaaang.................. 

And you of course :lol:

I'm hoping your visit will coincide with starting the car up so I can use your skills posting a video up to keep Doogy happy. :p

Once again really pleased for you and love the colour. 

Congrats Chris, awesome colour! 

You mentioned the exhaust, the most popular option we sell for the Mustang is the Ford performance active system with the quad valance, see here:

https://www.torqen.uk/ford/mustang-2015/exhausts/exhaust-systems/13978-mustang-2015-ford-performance-304-ss-active-cat-back-exhaust-system-with-quad-rear-exit-m-5200-m8.html

The Roush gearknob is also a very popular mod:

https://www.torqen.uk/ford/mustang-2015/body-styling/gear-knobs/4306-mustang-2015-roush-gear-shift-knob-black-421906421907.html

Enjoy your new car!

• Like 1

So glad you managed to back out of the Audi, the 'Stang looks so so good!! especially in that colour!

For the stripes I'd definitely go gloss black. I think the fake carbon wrap is too overdone these days. Especially on a real deal car like a mustang. This isn't a cheapy Civic!

• Like 1

What are people’s thoughts on wheel and tyre insurance?  Ford are offering me this for 3 years for £250. I can make something like up to 10 claims for wheel refurbishment and the same again for new tyres within that period if they’re damaged. 

Sounds like a good price, but I’m not sure if it’s worthwhile or not. In fairness though with the gloss black alloys and the style of the spokes I can see them being kerb magnets. 

What at would you guys do?

30 minutes ago, marzman said:

What are people’s thoughts on wheel and tyre insurance?  Ford are offering me this for 3 years for £250. I can make something like up to 10 claims for wheel refurbishment and the same again for new tyres within that period if they’re damaged. 

What tyre damage is included in this, things like blowouts and punctures?

If yes, then I'd say it's worth it. I went over a very small piece of pipe in the Nismo and the rear tyre blew out instantly. No damage to the car/alloy, but a new tyre was £260. So worth £250 all day long.

Also, one of mine has curb damage (misses avoiding a cat), which will cost me circa £200 to put right.

Nice choice! 

‘I recently sold my Mustang GT. 

There is a great community with ten Mustang. 

‘Check out simply Mustangs Uk on facebook

and Mustang6g.com and look for the UK sub forum. 

I had mine on PCP and did loads of modifications too mine. Didn’t really think about the finance company having a issue lol. 

2 hours ago, jimboy2 said:

Nice choice! 

‘I recently sold my Mustang GT. 

There is a great community with ten Mustang. 

‘Check out simply Mustangs Uk on facebook

and Mustang6g.com and look for the UK sub forum. 

I had mine on PCP and did loads of modifications too mine. Didn’t really think about the finance company having a issue lol. 

Hey, thanks for the info.  What is Ten Mustang, i can't find anything online about this?  I'll check out the FB group, and i've already signed up to Mustang6g.com

Well, it's been a long week but the wait is almost over... just 2 more sleeps to go!  This is probably my favourite part of getting a new car to be honest...

I pick the Mustang up on Monday night after work.  I hope this beast from the east pt 2 has thawed out by then. :lol:

On 3/8/2018 at 12:12, marzman said:

Sounds like a good price, but I’m not sure if it’s worthwhile or not. In fairness though with the gloss black alloys and the style of the spokes I can see them being kerb magnets. 

All depends on how clumsy you are with your wheels. Between me and the Mrs we have only had one alloy kerbed in the last 5 years that I can remember and I've never had any tyre defects or blow outs in even longer on any of our cars. So for us i'd say no but some people love a bit of kerb rash and seem to be unlucky with blow outs. Have you kerbed your alloys consistently over the years? if so then go for it, you will have piece of mind for a few years.

Cracking car btw :thumbs: 

On 3/8/2018 at 12:12, marzman said:

My Dads got a similar thing on his BMW M235i and he's made 3 claims so far in maybe 1.5 years, ...it's not something I'd get myself but if you can afford it then it seems like a good thing to have especially if you're worried about the alloys. Seems like a fair price for what it covers.

The Mustang looks awesome btw and can't wait to see some pics of yours. B) :thumbs:

Well, i've had the car for 6 days.  Absolutely loving it so far.  Every time I look at it I get a big grin on my face like a child.  It's getting an awful lot of attention - i've literally lip read 2 separate people pointing and saying 'Mustang'!

I washed and waxed it today with Dodo Juice Purple Hays which I had from back in the day.  Also clayed and waxed the RRS with some cheap spray on stuff. 

IMG_2264.JPG.8b1d4ffe21530a506d9866b9f2f8987f.JPGIMG_2265.JPG.6a3b1fda49df607ab05b3981496d5aaa.JPGIMG_2301.JPG.eb4c7721735859b832570a38cd9c6778.JPGIMG_2281.JPG.8782cb2514004b6770a3f8c7ab51b322.JPGIMG_2275.JPG.15422b8fd47321ec53694ac5eb7bcc91.JPGIMG_2273.JPG.84d567a7c564226d1bc4f2f471233d3a.JPG

• Like 2

I used to think the Range Rover had road presence......but that Mustang looks like a beast.

A friend of mine has a stage 3 tuned R35 as a weekend toy and just bought a new white Mustang convertible a few months back as his DAILY :lol:

He's loving it too.

So much so, the gtr is staying at home tomorrow and he's taking the Mustang to the Supercars NW meet instead!

Edited by HEADPHONES
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, nissanjuke said:

nice:thumbs: get the stripes on and let the modding begin:D    did you get a good deal??

Waiting to hear back from a local wrapping place... going for a gloss black roof with black stripes.  

1 hour ago, Ekona said:

It's an auto!! :cry::cry::cry:

That really is a lovely colour blue.

Yeah, I prefer auto's.  My first 350z was an auto import actually.

Just looking at these pictures, they're not even close to doing the colour justice.  It's quite a bit darker in person, and the quality is great - it looks like it's had about 100 coats of paint on it.