Back in a ZED! The only Ex that is ok to go back to!

Hi all,

I originally bought this car back in Feb 2013 but I sold it 3 years ago to IRN BRU. 5 years on, I've now bought it back and it now has the luxury of being a toy car thanks to owning a company car! 

I regretted selling her instantly, which has been reflected in having changed cars 4 time in 3 years. 

Here she is before I sold her:

IMG_68600800937087_zpsd5bebad3.jpeg

I bought an A5 3.0tdi S-line after this, I got it remapped and it was pretty fast but it was just your typical German barge that was ridiculously nose heavy in the corners and offered no driving satisfaction whatsoever.

2014-11-16152413_zps0f862fc4.jpg

It was impressive in a straight line though, here is a video of me racing an RS4 at Crail raceway, the video is from inside the RS4:

9 months after buying the A5 I traded it in for a Subaru WRX hatch 

20150905_170023_zpspuhwdu7s.jpg

I hated this car but I kept it for over 2 years.... it wasn't that fast, it wasn't great in the corners but the more I think back it was actually quite a fun car to drive and it never missed a beat. I was about to get married, the plan was to sell this after the wedding and get an XKR but then this happened: 

Snapchat-4864396230889787921_zpshtbpxkx0

The car came to an unfortunate end by meeting the toe bar of a pickup truck who pulled out at a roundabout and then decided to stop,,, It was a really big roundabout so my head was turned completely to the right and noticed I could make it out no problem and pressed the loud pedal,,,,, 

So my next choice was hampered from money and an insurance perspective... So I went from looking at 4.2 supercharged V8s to getting an Audi TTS auto...

20161126_143706_zpsk7wutijw.jpg

It's funny because everyone will obviously come out with the hairdresser remarks, but I really loved this car. It was blistering on the straights and the bends, the double clutch gearbox meant you could do perfect downshifts without having wizards feet and it was really fun to drive. I would 100% own another one at some point, hopefully the RS version, they aren't like all the other nose heavy Audi's, there was some play in the back but it was generally a point and shoot sort of car. 

Here is a video of me racing AMT HR Zed that he has now sold,,,, probably after this mauling :lol: 

With a baby due in October last year,,, this had to go. I always like big jeeps and thought it would be a good time to scratch the itch! So I got a BMW x5 3.0D Msport,,

Snapchat-1754821594_zpsfmr20yqy.jpg

I done a lot of research into the faults with the likes of the Q7, RRS and X5 and it certainly seemed on the face of it,,, the one with the least issues. Sadly it was nothing but a burden of a car. I spent more time driving my misses car because this was always in the garage getting something done! 

Thankfully a promotion came with the benefit of a company car. I sold the X5 and began pestering IRN BRU(Brian) to sell me the Zed back. He took a few weeks to think about it but eventually agreed to sell her back. I went down last week to see her and sort the boring parts. I've now got the V5 and my private plate ready to go, so I'm going back down on Saturday in McQueezy 370z Nismo Mk2 (fitting chariot to collect a Zed) to pick her up.

I've been really lucky as I know Brian has looked after her and thrown as much money as I did at her. So now I'm getting a much better car back and I cant wait!!! 

sorry for rabbiting on! 

Cheers,

Kris

Edited by hensh65
  • Like 1

Glad she's going back to you mate, I'd have hated selling or part exing her in to just anybody....... in fact I doubt I could have brought myself to sell her on if you weren't the buyer. I'll miss her massively but I know you'll look after her as well as I did. Another good thing is I'll still get to see her at TT meets etc etc. See you Saturday mate.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, coldel said:

That TTS video is brutal. Also looked at the one against the Nismo 370z which again totally drove away from! Didnt realise the S had so much pace.

The nismo 370 wasnt fair as his rears were completely shot so it was probably a little unfair :lol: but the auto S does pretty much 13.0 on the 1/4 standard!