Ebay scammers

Bullet

Is it me or is ebay no longer a viable place to sell things these days.

There are so many scammers these days, If you don't get tracking on an item you can guaranty it strangely won't arrive.

One of the things i sold was a front wing, i put tracking on it but the buyer took a picture of his damaged wing and said that the one i sent him was damaged in the post so i asked him to return it as i'd marked my part on the inside to prove it was mine, low and behold the one he sent back wasn't marked but the wasn't good enough for ebay and i still had to refund him.

Edited by Bullet

hate it when I deal with people like this :rant:  but unfortunately there are quite a few out there.I tend to ask for 'collection in person' when I can, as that will save me for all the hustle afterwards

don't think Ebay does enough to protect sellers :surrender:

Edited by valy

It can be that way, but often is not (based on my own experience of selling dozens of items with no problems) - like anything in life you can get conned whether its on there, selling on FB, forum, etc. there is always a way. We had a recent post of someone having a problem with a buyer of a laptop and they won the challenge (I think!), so it doesn't always go the way of the buyer. 

1 hour ago, valy said:

hate it when I deal with people like this :rant:  but unfortunately there are quite a few out there.I tend to ask for 'collection in person' when I can, as that will save me for all the hustle afterwards

don't think Ebay does enough to protect sellers :surrender:

That's not so cut and dry either. Last year i sold some headlights and it turned out that i was going past his on the way to a weekend away, so i delivered them myself but a few days later the buyer said he hadn't received them and put in a complaint with ebay who then wanted tracking info to prove i'd sent them :angry:....so back in the car for another 3 hour drive to....Cough....remind him the i'd hand delivered them.

Edited by Bullet

2 hours ago, Bullet said:

If you don't get tracking on an item

I bought an item with tracking, the couriers (scum bast%rd Yodel c***) said they had delivered the item, they hadnt, i couldnt get a refund as officially it was delivered and signed for, by who i have no idea, well i do, the thief from Yodel. 

a good tip is not to use Yodel or hermes if sending parcels yourself just an FYI! i have had stuff thrown and i mean thrown over my side gate that were fragile! from Hermes and yes it was destroyed!