Best Comedy

Jetpilot

I love Taskmaster on Dave. I know it's not a programme like a sitcom but it's brilliant. I used to love red dwarf as a kid but the wife doesn't really like it so I don't get to watch it these days.  Same with Bottom, I thought Rik was awesome and the live specials when it used to go wrong were hilarious...but the wife. 

Bottom Live off script is quite simply the funniest stuff you can watch, the genius of Rik Mayall. Taken far too young.

Not on Dave but try get hold of Early Doors, great comedy and kick started a number of careers including James McAvoy.

OFAH is still the benchmark, I still watch it over and over...Andy Warhol said everyone would be famous for 15 minutes, just like Ghandi, I mean he made one film and you never heard from him again!

19 minutes ago, coldel said:

Bottom Live off script is quite simply the funniest stuff you can watch, the genius of Rik Mayall. Taken far too young.

I still quote the "Have a w*nk professor!" line to this day, despite pretty much nobody knowing what it refers to anymore :lol:

In terms of modern stuff though, I'm finding it hard to get past Big Mouth as one of the most extreme-edged yet incredibly accessible gross-out comedies I've seen for many years. Cannot wait for season two of that.

Older stuff? I'm a sucker for Coupling. The giggle loop and the cushion episodes are as true today as they ever were.

11 minutes ago, Ekona said:

I still quote the "Have a w*nk professor!" line to this day, despite pretty much nobody knowing what it refers to anymore :lol:

In terms of modern stuff though, I'm finding it hard to get past Big Mouth as one of the most extreme-edged yet incredibly accessible gross-out comedies I've seen for many years. Cannot wait for season two of that.

Older stuff? I'm a sucker for Coupling. The giggle loop and the cushion episodes are as true today as they ever were.

"Slime in this ear, slime in that ear, don't you ever yearn for change..."

I laughed out loud as that went on for about 5 minutes. I am gutted I never got to see them both live.

• Like 1