GTR raffle

Davectr

3 hours ago, Davectr said:

100%. It’s my mates car, and Jurgen who owns JM Imports is as honest as the day is long. 

How's he getting on with it ? 

That was a awesome win 

I know people that have a go but I'm not into 100 quid raffle tickets myself I'm to tight lol

There was an R33 with 34 front end conversion that was raffled for 50 quid tickets. The car was in London I think, a guy from up here won it. Was parked next to it at japfest a year before the raffle then saw it up here a couple of times 

Some people were buying loads of tickets cos they really wanted it, apparently the guy who won it knew nothing about the car and bought a ticket for a laugh 

50 quid well spent :lol: 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ekona said:

And yet, still no. 

Personal choice Dan :). Out of curiosity, do you not like GTR’s or just don’t like the idea of a raffle?

2 hours ago, nissanman312 said:

How's he getting on with it ? 

That was a awesome win 

I know people that have a go but I'm not into 100 quid raffle tickets myself I'm to tight lol

Am I misunderstanding something here? He didn’t win it, he’s raffling it. He’s only getting rid of it as he’s bought a drag car project and wants to use the funds for that :thumbs:

1 hour ago, Davectr said:

Personal choice Dan :). Out of curiosity, do you not like GTR’s or just don’t like the idea of a raffle?

Am I misunderstanding something here? He didn’t win it, he’s raffling it. He’s only getting rid of it as he’s bought a drag car project and wants to use the funds for that :thumbs:

Sorry i thought you meant your mate won the last one 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Davectr said:

Nowt against GT-Rs at all, it's giving a reasonable sum of money via unsecured funds to an unlicensed raffle to a complete stranger (granted, I am aware of Jurgen via the industry) that just doesn't seem like the greatest idea in the world.

• Like 1

It needs to be officially licensed by the Gambling Commission if it's for commercial gain over £20K IIRC, so yes.

http://www.gamblingcommission.gov.uk/for-the-public/Fundraising-and-promotions/Advertising-and-promoting.aspx

That makes it very clear that lotteries (incl raffles) can only be promoted for good causes, not commercial gain. Not passing judgement here, just stating facts,

Well he isnt really, no one is likely to bat an eyelid or even know a license is required, he may even have said license but not made it public knowledge.

In reality the only chance of a prosecution will be if it all goes t*ts up and someone does a runner with the cash. I am sure i have read you can have a raffle but the money needs to be taken on the day of the draw, ive been at loads of raffles at events, i would bet not one has a license.

• 1 month later...