UPDATE...Seriously need some help guys, iv got some blue smoke

Rob350

As above, change PCV valve first as it could be stuck open. Top up to maximum and then keep an eye on it whilst resetting the trip computer etc. If its only the beginning of the oil burning then try a can of Wynns. Treats about 5-6 litres of engine oil and helps to create a better seal, restore compression and reduce blow-by gases.

If the oil keeps burning etc get a compression test done. If its outside the tolerances then you have a choice to make. As long as you dont let the oil get too low then youll be fine to keep topping it up and driving whilst monitoring its usage closely until you come to a decision. 

It could be that a sensor has gone down and is showing inaccurate readings, more/colder air than its actually going in and the car is pumping the fuel accordingly. Is there anyone that can emissions test it for you? 

I don't know enough about compression, but my techs said if one of your cats is failing it could lead to over fuelling on that bank, an emissions test would show that.  Halfords do a fuel service which is a cleaner and an emissions test, it's 35 quid and won't mean logging the car on to an mot. If your cats are standard it should pass. 

• 2 weeks later...

If one lambda sensor has failed the ECUs response would be to run that bank rich by default, which would explain the sooty plugs on one bank, and could explain the hot compression as it could also cause slight bore wash thus reducing compressing on that side, however i am not sure that could also account for the smoke, a failed PCV one way valve would also usually result in the idle being high due to extra unmetered air, but it would also cause a weak mixture for the same reason.