370z LHD (EU) - Convert to UK Spec for MOT

Nick87

Good afternoon everybody,

I have brought our 370z over from France and would like to get it registered for UK roads. It is a 2011 convertible model.

After doing some research I was sure the car needed to have an IVA test, but upon ringing the VOSO and DVLA I was told differently... an IVA is not required so long as I can get the COC from French Nissan Group. These are the steps I was told to complete:

Contact HMRC for Nova
Complete application document 
ID
£55 registration fee, cheque, payable to DVLA swansea
Original French license
MOT for VIN number
Type approval - COC conform to EU roads
Payment for road tax 

Does it sound correct that an IVA is not required?! 

How would I go about sorting car for MOT. The things I think are needed are; Headlight beams conforming to Drivers side (UK), rear fog and the speedo in MPH. I've found an article which shows the headlights can be adjusted which is great, i just hope that it will allow me to adjust them enough to switch from LH to RH driving and doesn't just account for minor changes - There a screw underneath the assembly according to my diagram but I haven't physically checked yet. How would I go about converting the dash to show speed in MPH, or is this going to be a very complex job, as I know the dash units are sealed these days.... maybe it's a job for nissan garage. The fog should be easy enough to install.

Am I missing anything or is there any advice I should follow?

I really appreciate any help in advance.

Regards
Nick

• 3 weeks later...