What are the different types of 350?

Scourge

So I'm looking in to getting a 350 and wanted to know what the differences between the various models are. I know there have been 3 engines and there is a few trim levels but on auto trader you can only get standard or gt. Just hoping to understand what I'm looking for and if I should go for a 2007 and up model for the extra hp or a 2004 or before to save on tax and potentially insurance as well as what trim to get (avoiding the rev up motor if possible).

03'/53' - 55' (276) DE          - Most of the common faults, less tax, not as good interior

06' - 07'        (296) Rev up  - Upgraded interior and face lift, some oil issues if not kept on top of

57' - 58'        (309) HR         - Less of the common faults, 80% new engine, bonnet bulge, higher tax (and by higher I mean the highest.... lol)

I'd go for an HR if I were you unless you wanted to keep to a low budget then go for the earlier DE's, as you mentioned avoid rev ups if you can.  

Tbh if you're looking at a Z, the tax should not be an issue as it'll cost a lot to run anyway (remember put decent tyres on! MPS4 I recommend). Go for an HR GT. The GT gives you leather seats, Bose sound system, cruise control, better looking Rays wheels. Unless its you thing don't get anything with the tan leather seats.  Some HR's have the frost white, looks great in the darker colour paint scheme but they will mark lol