Are people avoiding ace cafe type meets?

GranTurismoEra

I saw a thread here years ago regarding these meets. Not necessarily jdm or Z meets, but the general types you get in places like ace cafe london and sharnbrook. Ive been and seen one pink 350z at sharnbrook in 2016, I didnt bother taking my car I went with a mate in his m3. Really couldnt be bothered to take my car.

I noticed a lack of Z cars in any of these meets. Although I see gtrs. 

Most of the Z drivers ive seen, seem to be mature so maybe ive answered my question. 

Here are examples: 

What do you guys think?

Edited by GranTurismoEra

16 minutes ago, Ekona said:

I think those kind of drivers are f*cking idiots, as are their mates for not stopping them. 

You must be one of the many “mature” drivers :)

Guess we were all young once. I had a nova 1.3 sr, so couldn’t get myself in that much trouble. But it had a Courtney tuning sticker, momo gear knob, magnex exhaust and mim alloys. Not forgetting my Rockford fosgate amp and sub, complete with homemade mdf rear parcel shelf for my 6x9 speakers. 

The good old old max power days. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ekona said:

38 now, but even back in the day when I had a car on chrome wheels I never drove like a bellend. Time and a place and all that. 

Im not far off 40 myself. My daily is a Volvo :)

Edited by Kev

I go to Ace about 6-7 times a year, with this club, with others etc. I am young at heart (I drive a turbo 4 pot that is loud and brash) but I find some lads driving like this at Ace utter prats if I am honest. I have met also some lads in their early twenties in turbo cars etc. at Ace who look at people like the above and just shake their heads in shame. We can all put our foot in and smoke it if we want, takes zero skill to do that. What it does though is bring unwanted police attention and the constant threat of Ace being closed down to car meets - its idiots like those in the video who wouldn't give two hoots if Ace got closed down to car meets and go do it somewhere else, but for proper car people we do care.

• Like 3

23 hours ago, Kev said:

You must be one of the many “mature” drivers :)

Guess we were all young once. I had a nova 1.3 sr, so couldn’t get myself in that much trouble. But it had a Courtney tuning sticker, momo gear knob, magnex exhaust and mim alloys. Not forgetting my Rockford fosgate amp and sub, complete with homemade mdf rear parcel shelf for my 6x9 speakers. 

The good old old max power days. 

Lol good old max power!! Reason I got into cars

• Like 1

Last year I really wanted to get down to many ace cafe meets, but went with the ill watch it on youtube idea. I rather go to organised events with mature owners. Lol. Sharnbrook is okay but far. Ace cafe is full of m cars and mustangs doing useless burnouts. Great for upcoming YouTubers. But would you really want to park you car anywhere near there.