New TV on the cards - suggestions welcome

ioneabee

I "finally" got the go ahead :)

Looking for a new TV 48-49" with a budget £600-£700 (i know its not high end but ...)

I'm also going to pair it (subject to cost) with a sound bar and wireless speakers 

so would be grateful of some recommendations

cheers all

How about this?

https://www.richersounds.com/tv-projectors/hdr-tvs/samsung-ue49mu7000.html

49" Samsung hdr1000 TV for £749 but they have the Samsung claim back offer. 

You can claim back up to £500 depending on what you buy with it. So if you just buy the soundbar at £300 you claim back £200.

If you buy the sub at £300 you can get £200 back.

If you buy a uhd blu ray player at £200 you can clam back £100 back for that. Could make sense once you cost everything.

I bought a Samsung TV and they offered me £400 cash back. Took about a month but I worked. Rescued the cost of my TV from £2700 to £2300.

Glad you put the price down but yes believe it or not this is also useful.

What are you going to use it for ?

I play games on my one 99% of the time so having 55"/4K/HDR and low input lag was important for me. But if you just watch films/tv some features may not be of interest for you.

I bought my stuff from Richer Sounds too, 5 year warranty (free) !

no games, just films and TV - I also plug the laptop in to watch some streamed or alternatively erm.... acquired media ;)

not going for wireless satellite speakers now - just a fair to decent sound bar with wireless subwoofer

have also looked at this one - Panasonic TX50EX750B paired with a Panasonic SC-HTB488EBK soundbar - price quoted for this package is £950.00 ??

I luuuuuuurve my soundbar, https://www.whathifi.com/q-acoustics/media-4/review it’s always at a good price at Richer too. My only criticism is the remote is lightweight and cheap feeling, but the sound itself rocks (for the budget).

Whatever TVs you whittle it down to, go and demo them, ideally with the sound bar(s) you’ve identified. There’s no substitute for your own eyes and ears, away from the harsh lights and sounds of the shop floor. Whatever reviews say, you’ve got to watch it. It’s one of the reasons Richer Sounds is so good IMO.

bad news ......

I've had to revise my size estimate - I measured the horizontal dimension of the 50" - comes out at 44" - it's just too big for the room

So, it's going to have to be a 42-43" - which is still considerably better than what we have now (32")

Hi, for what its worth I used to deliver and install TVs and generally speaking you get what you pay for. Well thats not ground braking info is it lol. IMHO Sony are very good then there's Samsung a bit cheaper buy still good. Avoid Goodmans, or as I used to call them "Not so Good mans". WE used to have to pick up loads of them returns for breaking down. Hope that is of some use. If not sod yer :-p

ok - this is what I'm going to order ........ unless anyone says not a good idea ? or  won't work together etc

https://www.richersounds.com/tv-projectors/lg-tvs/lg-43uj670v.html - LG 43UJ670V 43" LED 4K

https://www.richersounds.com/tv-home-cinema/soundbars/yamaha-yas207.html - Yamaha YAS207 Soundbar

Been doing massive research on this and it came down to the LG or the Sony. The Sony is more expensive but has Android OS, the LG has its own and there is a little discussion over whether it will be supported indefinitely. Probably going to go for LG but will be heading into Richer Sounds for a SBS comparison. 

4K is much more noticeable the bigger the screen (some say theres no point on a 40 inch), HDR is essential but 4K Premium isnt. OLED is definitely the way forward but is a LOT when compared to the LG particularly, I think Ill get one next time round. The other thing that surprised me was how physically small a modern TV is, a 49 inch isnt actually much bigger than  my current 32 inch. 

The Ysp2700 is a great bar if you're after more of a home cinema (surround) sound, but much more expensive than the yas207. The 207 is out of stock right now-but should be back very shortly. 

The LG 670 is a good all round TV and excellent value, but the picture is not as bright/vibrant as others in it's class. 

Edited by RichKitch
Grammar errors

@RichKitch due to the weather (shops etc closed) - I haven't ordered yet but this TV has popped up as another possibility LG 43UJ750V - what are your thoughts on that one

the 207 is showing in stock on the richersounds website for telesales ? - but if not that ..... what - am really struggling on the soundbar issue

Sorry, can't offer an honest opinion on the 750 as we don't sell it. I'd recommend the Sony 43xe8004 for overall quality and the Samsung UE40MU6400 for a lower priced alternative. Deffo go and see them before committing to a purchase. 

The Harman Kardon  sb20 is a great alternative if you can't wait for the yammy. Again-go see/hear them. 

Lemme know what you decide on and I'll give you a price. 

I finished up buying Sony KD43XE8396, the picture was a bit better than LG, particularly on 4K and I like the Android OS. 

If you have limited space check with a bit of cardboard before committing though, I was going to be 49 inch but it wouldnt have actually fitted in my front room, Id have had to open the window to watch telly :lol:

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, docwra said:

I finished up buying Sony KD43XE8396, the picture was a bit better than LG, particularly on 4K and I like the Android OS. 

If you have limited space check with a bit of cardboard before committing though, I was going to be 49 inch but it wouldnt have actually fitted in my front room, Id have had to open the window to watch telly :lol:

exactly the same happened to me - hence why I've come down to 43" .......... its still a bit on the large size for the corner its going in ......... still some sacrifices have to be made ;)