To 'Z', or not to 'Z'

I am unsure what to do with myself! Let's talk dream cars, mine: the 350Z.

If you don't want to hear my life story, ai have a potentially simple question at the bottom of this post.

Currently, I drive a Volvo V40 ('14) as a daily driver and only car, doing on average 240 miles a week with fuel costing ~£40 a week. Insurance for the year set me back ~£1500 for the Volvo, considering that I am 20 years of age and currently carry no NCD due to changing policies part way through the year.

Despite the V40 being a brilliant car that I do want to keep until beyond the end of time itself, I feel that I want something that is more fun to drive, a little older and cheaper (so I can have a go at tinkering with a car myself, as opposed to going to a garage), not to mention wanting a cool car that is not seen every day!

I looked at a range of cars for a while, I decided that it had to have 'Excessive power' (considering that I currently have ~115BHP/270NM), and be from a venerable Japanese automaker; this narrowed my search down to makes such as Toyota, Subaru and Nissan.

Cutting a long story short, the 350Z was my ultimate car of choice, however: is it sensible and realistic? Currently, I'm looking into buying two cheap, partially broken examples, fixing one with the other and keeping/selling the spare parts. Is this a good idea, considering that I have no experience with this sort of thing; is it better to just buy a working model?

TLDR question: why should/shouldn't I buy into a 350Z, is this a good idea/viable for me, and/or is there any advice you wouldn't mind sharing with a noobie such as myself?

Cheers, Dom.