SPACERS

Payco

Ok, I know I should have the answer to this but still want to ask the question. Looking to fit 20mm hub centric spacers to my front Nismo 370z Mark 2 rims and 25mm hub centric to the rears. Can anyone put my mind at rest over whether they will fit on the fronts or I need to get extended bolts. Wouldn't mind hearing from someone who has fitted them rather than references to what people have heard !!

I have sourced the answer which I believe is a NO unless I add a slip spacer to the front.

Thanks all

Payco

Edited by Payco

Not sure if the Nismo wheels change things :shrug:

Oh, and be very careful about the type of slip spacer if you use those as it was those on mine that caused juddering that Marcus at Disc Skimmers discovered.

Edited by Ebized

Ady, so are you saying you can fit 15mm and 20mm without a slip spacer so just fit straight on with a hubcentic ?. Any chance you could test fit on yours as its a nice day and let me know :stir:

You should be able to fit 20/25mm and have the wheels mount correctly, but as above it might give you a little more poke that you wanted. But with Arch flares it could be OK.

From what I've read on the US forums, 15mm hubcentric spacer's do not work with nismo wheels as the spacers nuts sit proud from the face of the spacer. This is usually fine on some wheels, but Nismo wheels do not have the small recesses on the back face, meaning the wheel cannot fit flush against the spacer.

However I have not test fitted so cannot confirm if the above is 100% accurate.

When I get spacers I'll likely go 15mm (as i removed my fender flares), but will get extended bolts to avoid the issue of spacer nuts getting in the way.

So has anyone fitted 20mm rear and 15mm front on a mark 2 Nismo 370z without any issues with the studs ? The casing point for me is I don't want my rims proud of the arches, I want them flush and no more and I also don't want to get involved in having to change studs.

Edited by Payco

From my Googling so far (limited) a US guy tried to fit 15mm's to the front and ran into issues. So moved to spacers where he had to swap out the studs. But this is the internet so it may have to be taken with a pinch of salt (maybe it was a bigger spacer,  maybe it wasn't a Nismo).

I'm not sure how involved swapping studs is, I think it's just time consuming :) but I think I remember you saying you may be swapping wheels in the future so could be wasted effort.

Assuming you haven't sold your V2 rims yet then can you take your V1's off, fit your V2's with spacers and let me know. It doesn't get dark until 5.15pm now so crack on,:stir::teeth:

Edited by Payco

That's very kind Ady. What price will they be assuming they fit ?. Can you PM me what price you sold your rims for if you are happy to share as I am considering selling mine but don't want to get stuck with them.