OBD2

Bikeracer

3 hours ago, Mark@Abbey m/s said:

wheel or flywheel BHP figures?

Flywheel BHP which I thought was dissapointing.

310bhp std rather than the 339bhp quoted by Nissan

Does this sound about right?

Edited by Bikeracer

18 hours ago, Payco said:

Doesn't sound right. Stock BHP on the Nismo should be 339 BHP as you have stated.

I agree it should be around 340 bhp stock. Some people quote 350BHP for a MK2 Nismo but I am sure it is 339/340bhp.

I am not questioning Horsham Dyno just the numbers seems a little  low

• Like 1

I bought one of these and downloaded the torque pro app on my phone for £2. They link together via Bluetooth and you can read and clear eml lights but also get a live read out of all the sensers on your car, do 0-60s, mpg and a load of of graphs and read outs.

https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mini-Bluetooth-Car-Scanner-OBD2-ELM327-V2-1-Android-Torque-Auto-Scan-Tool-OBD-II/162617059752?epid=1442054158&hash=item25dcbb69a8:g:7scAAOSwBOlabrAL

4 hours ago, Rob350 said:

I bought one of these and downloaded the torque pro app on my phone for £2. They link together via Bluetooth and you can read and clear eml lights but also get a live read out of all the sensers on your car, do 0-60s, mpg and a load of of graphs and read outs.

https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mini-Bluetooth-Car-Scanner-OBD2-ELM327-V2-1-Android-Torque-Auto-Scan-Tool-OBD-II/162617059752?epid=1442054158&hash=item25dcbb69a8:g:7scAAOSwBOlabrAL

Does this work on the iPhone or only on android phones?

3 hours ago, nissanjuke said:

most high flow cats should give you a 10 bhp increase:D

Agree would have thought that all 200cell cats should give a very similar power gain.

Any idea what gain are achievable with test pipes? Another 5bhp or so?

Also have you got any idea how much additional Power gain should be achievable with an UpRev or ECUtek ECU flash and map over and above the 10bhp gain from the HFC?

Appreciate HD have a good reputation and not questioning their numbers BUT there are no guarantees with any remap. Its as much about the tuner and what they can get out of it. One tuner will get more out of breathing mods, exhaust, ectuek remap than another. That being said I would not expect to see the results the OP has seen on his Nismo which is less than the 339 It should produce OEM. Given your location I would personally take it along to Mark at Abbey.

Edited by Payco

41 minutes ago, Payco said:

Given your location I would personally take it along to Mark at Abbey.

As below.

37 minutes ago, coldel said:

As with anything the max BHP is just pub bragging rights, area under the curve is much more important i.e. your bhp uplift at every rpm point. 

This times a million, its seems all people are interested in is numbers, and not pointing the finger Payco but as discussed many times maybe Abbeys dyno will give different numbers, but its utterly irrelevant, i can almost guarantee it wont be any faster or better, why do people get so so hung up on what the dyno says!

The Dyno Dynamics rolling road is accurate and (therefore the lowest reading dyno out there) that does upset a lot of people, hence why it has the nickname "heart breaker"

I bet it drove a lot keener on the way home? Looking at the pics of your car it must be brand new so it may free up a few Hp after few more miles too.

Visit this page for dyno comparisons, enter your wheel hp and save yourself some time and money if you want to see bigger numbers

http://mkiv.supras.org.nz/dyno.htm

Edited by 350Butcher

I totally agree JP but the OP seems keen on the numbers. Personally my Nismo is quick enough and I have decided not to do the ecutek remap. I have no interest in numbers from a personal perspective (even though I am an accountant) , it’s about how the car drives for me.

• Like 1

^^ Ultimately thats all you want, a better drive :thumbs: as Codel says, bhp is just bragging rights :teeth:

After being in a supercharged 370z it wont upset the balance at all imho, the chassis can easily cope with the extra, would i drop another 10k into it, nope :surrender: