New Supra leaked ahead of revealing

AMT

https://carbuzz.com/news/reborn-toyota-supra-leaks-ahead-of-official-reveal-with-335-hp

As I suspected its not a good looking car.  I know they can't keep concept car things but did the lights really have to double up in height? does the bumper have to be that deep at the front and why is it so stumpy and short looking. If they'd lowered the engine (if possible) and not had such high shoulder lines on both axles. Its like a cool looking car....squashed. 

Thoughts?

Edited by AMT

What the f*** is wrong with Japanese designers at the moment?! They've not produced anything resembling a coherant design for at least 16 years by my count*. I just don't get it, they used to be masters of the sleek car with just enough detailing to be different, but now they seem to want to put as many angles as they can on things.

The only car uglier than this right now is that Senna monstrosity.

*Although the ND MX5 is pretty nice, so maybe I'll allow that. Actually so's the Mazda6, so maybe it's just Mazda that know what they're doing?

• Like 1

General consensus on PH is that the pics are squashed up, which makes sense if you look at the proportions. Still not pretty, but better.

The trouble is that the FT1 was unveiled four years ago now. Four years is a long time in the automotive world, and what once looked new and fresh now looks awkward and dated. We've not really seen the design evolve at all.

1 hour ago, Ekona said:

General consensus on PH is that the pics are squashed up, which makes sense if you look at the proportions. Still not pretty, but better.

The trouble is that the FT1 was unveiled four years ago now. Four years is a long time in the automotive world, and what once looked new and fresh now looks awkward and dated. We've not really seen the design evolve at all.

Yea I mean the NSX is a good example of this up close some of the details look rather mid 2000s 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Flashback said:

Bit like the 911 then ;)

:lol:

I know your comment was meant partly in jest, but the 911 is a good example to use actually. It gets a facelift every four years, and each time you can see the minor improvements that bring the car up to date without making it look obnoxious. Well, apart from the current Turbo/S that is way too fussy at the rear. 

Most manufacturers work to a four year refresh give or take, I think. Even something like a Fiesta can look more modern once updated, but where the FT1 was once fresh it’s now been surpassed in outlandish angles by anything Lexus, Infiniti and the new Griff. It’s dated before it’s even out. 

20 minutes ago, Ekona said:

:lol:

I know your comment was meant partly in jest, but the 911 is a good example to use actually. It gets a facelift every four years, and each time you can see the minor improvements that bring the car up to date without making it look obnoxious. Well, apart from the current Turbo/S that is way too fussy at the rear. 

Most manufacturers work to a four year refresh give or take, I think. Even something like a Fiesta can look more modern once updated, but where the FT1 was once fresh it’s now been surpassed in outlandish angles by anything Lexus, Infiniti and the new Griff. It’s dated before it’s even out. 

Lol yes it was in jest, but I knew we'd get a nice subjective view on why it's dated. :D

At least it's still nicer to look at than a new Civic type R, well IMHO anyway.

• Like 1