Drift experience/ training

Gudzy

After a quick go on a skid pad at tockwith at the weekend and with my birthday coming up very soon I'm looking at doing a more involved drift experience/ training day. Are there any which anyone can recommend?

I really enjoyed the day, having no prior experience and a complacent view on how easy it was going to be, I learnt a lot. Would definitely recommend for anyone wanting to learn in a controlled environment, there isn't anything driving related you can ask the instructors at CAT they won't be able to help out with. I think I was most impressed when, after a day of trying to nail a drift, we challenged instructor Paul to show us how it's done, so he jumped in Wazzo's V8 Zed (a totally unique vehicle) and showed us how it's done in about 30 seconds flat. 

Iv heard a lot about this cat driver training and it sounds really good and worth every penny.

Another reccomendation would be the prodrift acadamy, one in birmingham and one in ireland, again looks and sounds really good and at a very good price.

Google them and see what you think

RDX at rockingham is highly spoken of.... they use 350z's aswell. combine that with it being BDC drivers that run the day and do the coaching you know you are going to get a great amount of knowledge

**Disclaimer - I personally haven't used any of these experiences - so take any information with a pinch of salt. 

From what Ive seen and heard CAT isnt drift training as such, its more car control/driver training. They arent teaching you how to get a car sideways before an apex, how to extend a drift, how to shift lock and how to flick - Ive no doubt its invaluable but its not quite the same as FlatoutFactory, Prodrift Academy, L2D etc - all are staffed by drifters and these would be my recommendation  :thumbs:

Regardless, any of this kind of training is worthwhile as it will give you more feel for what the car is about to do and more control when it does go wrong, Ive been on wet trackdays where drifty types are literally flying past everything as they are so much happier with the car on, or past the limit. Its also immense fun and brings a whole new aspect to empty roundabouts ;)

• 3 weeks later...

I did a day with L2D which was fun but the time in the car is really slim compared to how long you spend with them as so many people were there. Spend as much as you can afford to get more one to one time would be my advice. Like I said, it was great fun though :)

• 4 months later...
On 10/03/2018 at 09:05, Jcurtis said:

I did a day with L2D which was fun but the time in the car is really slim compared to how long you spend with them as so many people were there. Spend as much as you can afford to get more one to one time would be my advice. Like I said, it was great fun though :)

Let me guess, you did the "intro" :) Try their full day training, its brilliant and the amount of seat time is ridiculous! I did it with a friend and instead of sharing a car, they gave us 2 cars and 2 instructors and our own playground. Max revs in 2nd gear for entry is quite a feeling! 

• 1 month later...

Did a l2d taster session yesterday, it was worth the discounted rate at £60 but for the amount of time you get in the car certainly not worth the full £200 price.

We are going to look at one of their 3 hour sessions where you get a car + instructor to yourself for 3 hours for about £300. Will split it with 2 of us so should get plenty of driving time

• 3 weeks later...