Bargain Supercharged 370 Nismo

Bikeracer

I checked this out including a chat with Jez at Horsham and I have no reason to believe it is not genuine as he has carried most of the work on the car.  More details on the 'other channel' ;)  I now understand the reference to the seller's father from conversation, that can easily be verified by a little research elsewhere.

The issue about what the number plate is worth I took with a pinch of salt - seemingly someone with more money than sense was offering to buy it for his Nismo GTR......hmmmmm.

What bothered me was the hi-flow cats that would likely fail the MOT and that would mean remaps to reinstall the OEM cats and take them off again, given that the OEM cats soon break up with FI.  The clutch and noise level also figured in my decision for everyday use, being helped by someone who has good experience in FI installs in Zeds, so I did not pursue a viewing.  Not having either the space or desire to do cat changes together with the increased running/maintenance costs costs and the fact much of the car would no longer be covered by warranty was too much for me, once my head kicked in over my heart.  Edit: Oh, and the fact the tyres were likely to need an upgrade did not help.

It maybe the considerations I mention as well as the ad content and surprising price asked are deterring interest when you estimate the new car cost + mods.  But you can find out the car has been for sale for some while now and potential interest is going to be very limited and hopefully is bought by a true ZED enthusiast.

But for someone with bigger balls and pockets than me who wants to check it out further........?

Edited by Ebized

Seems a weird one to do that to a Nismo version, not that i have any real fondness for it, but just because of its increased base price.

If i had similar cash, forgetting the gash liberty walk kit, a 370 wouldnt get a look in:

https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/bmw/e90-m3-07-13/liberty-walk-supercharged-m3--610hp--fbmwsh/7898483

Totally agree, hence the "gash liberty walk kit" comment, buy an example without and that is a hell of a car for not far off that 370.

I know this a Nissan forum and you are a just a tiny insy little bit :stir: Nismo fanboi, but cant think any petrolhead could ignore the credentials of a supercharged V8 with 600bhp for not much more money, just as a comparison it doesnt make the 370 such a bargain, imho.  

Edited by Jetpilot

Agreed buddy, sorry I didn't pick up on the kit reference. Agree its a lot of performance and wont knock it on those grounds. I am a Jap man although I didn't like them in Hacksaw Ridge :teeth:

• Haha 1

Colin good job you didn't bother with a viewing as you would have had a wasted journey 

The lad lives 10 mins from me so I decided to have a look and he did nothing but mess me around....no skin off my nose as I didn't have to travel far but can confirm he's a Messer and somthing dosnt ring true with him at all ...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jetpilot said:

Seems a weird one to do that to a Nismo version, not that i have any real fondness for it, but just because of its increased base price.

If i had similar cash, forgetting the gash liberty walk kit, a 370 wouldnt get a look in:

https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/bmw/e90-m3-07-13/liberty-walk-supercharged-m3--610hp--fbmwsh/7898483

Oh wow that kit is bad :wacko:

On 13/02/2018 at 15:19, Jetpilot said:

I Previoisly has an E46 M3, E92 M3 and an M4 competition pack.

Everyone who has Supercharged an E90/E92 seems to sell on the car after 6 months. Never met an owner who has kept a supercharged E92, that says it all.

However I do also have a 650bhp 911 turbo and Superbikes.

Edited by Bikeracer

12 hours ago, Bikeracer said:

I Previoisly has an E46 M3, E92 M3 and an M4 competition pack.

Everyone who has Supercharged an E90/E92 seems to sell on the car after 6 months. Never met an owner who has kept a supercharged E92, that says it all.

Last month I went and bought a new £40k 370z Nismo that says it all really regarding the supercharged E92 etc

However I do also have a 650bhp 911 turbo and Superbikes.

Yes we know what you have, you seem to mention it a lot, it doesnt make your opinion any more valid ;)

What it tells me is you have conjured up an assumption to justify your opinion, i bought my supercharged 350z with less than 400 miles since built as the owner had a heart attack, gmballistic on here built his and sold it very very soon after to buy a house, keyzer bought his supercharged 370z probably within 6 months of it being built, it tells you absolutely nothing apart from sometimes circumstances change, i have done it myself with a Rx7 build.

A supercharged e92 is/was on a shortlist for my next car, i have done a fair bit of research and it would seem a fair few are well into long term ownership, i will never say the e92 is a "better" car as whats better for some, may not be better for others, but dealing in facts and not speculation, excluding looks as thats a matter of choice.

A supercharged e92 will be faster, handle better, be built better and to a higher spec :thumbs:

• Like 2

I JUST LOVE MY 370Z!!!  for its style and looks and being able to work on it and will be a very happy man when I FINALLY TUNE IT!  

TO  be honest, it attracts loads of attention and is my jap muscle car, you can tell I have zeditis so who gives a @*!#. I'm loving it!   :yahoo:

see my build thread the YELLOW PROJECT, JUST ORDERED HFCS AND CARBON FIBRE FOR DASH!

• Like 2

On 14/02/2018 at 11:32, Jetpilot said:

Yes we know what you have, you seem to mention it a lot, it doesnt make your opinion any more valid ;)

Well said that man, Ive had a lot of nice cars but dont feel the need to mention them in every single post. 

Anyway .......... I went and drove it about 3 weeks ago with every intention of bringing it home with me. I didnt, obviously. :lol:

Without going into great detail the car is what it says it is and all the work was done at Jez's. It has a cheap exhaust system that sounds cheap, and an unnecessarily harsh paddle clutch and while I know Im spoilt for torque (notice how I dont have to list the cars :lol: ) it just didnt feel anywhere near as fast as the numbers say it should be for me. 

The seller is not the best either, he wasnt sure if Jez still had the standard parts (he does), knew very little about the car or its mods and is clearly having a rough time at the moment .......... but to be fair could have made a bit more of an effort as well, despite agreeing in advance he told me I couldnt drive it when I turned up (2.5 hours drive) then when I produced my trade policy cert told me it wasnt worth the paper it was written on, I nearly left after about 90 seconds.  

If you want a SC 370 then after changing clutch and exhaust I doubt you could go far wrong for the money, but its painfully obvious to me that there are much better cars available for the money. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, docwra said:

Well said that man, Ive had a lot of nice cars but dont feel the need to mention them in every single post. 

Anyway .......... I went and drove it about 3 weeks ago with every intention of bringing it home with me. I didnt, obviously. :lol:

Without going into great detail the car is what it says it is and all the work was done at Jez's. It has a cheap exhaust system that sounds cheap, and an unnecessarily harsh paddle clutch and while I know Im spoilt for torque (notice how I dont have to list the cars :lol: ) it just didnt feel anywhere near as fast as the numbers say it should be for me. 

The seller is not the best either, he wasnt sure if Jez still had the standard parts (he does), knew very little about the car or its mods and is clearly having a rough time at the moment .......... but to be fair could have made a bit more of an effort as well, despite agreeing in advance he told me I couldnt drive it when I turned up (2.5 hours drive) then when I produced my trade policy cert told me it wasnt worth the paper it was written on, I nearly left after about 90 seconds.  

If you want a SC 370 then after changing clutch and exhaust I doubt you could go far wrong for the money, but its painfully obvious to me that there are much better cars available for the money. 

So you didn't find anything to be wrong with the car then .....nothing at all ? 

You are obviously someone with a good eye