Cable leads for Kenwood head unit

Stafford_Mart

Hi all

Managed to pick up a Kenwood DAB unit last week in mint condition.

I've read through a fair bit of the info on here as to what cables to connect etc but would just like some help to make sure I start off with the right cables for my Zed (07 GT with the Bose system and Bird view Sat nav installed).

I want to keep the existing amp and speakers and also utilise the steering controls.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks.

• 1 month later...

Bump?

I have ordered a Kenwood DMX7017DABS and a lot of the online guides are a bit vague/years old with dead links/related to a specific HU. Mine is an 08 GT with the same setup as yours.

This pic from the Kenwood manual shows we need a specific adapter for steering wheel controls, but which and where from? I shall investigate further...

[edit] Probably this: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CTSNS016-2-Steering-Wheel-Stalk-Control-Adaptor-Patch-for-Nissan-350z-2003/371605979517?epid=1075352317&hash=item568571417d:g:h~oAAOSwV0RXsybm

conn.jpg

Edited by ouro
new info

• 4 weeks later...

Got mine in and working great but I have dropped a clanger with my reversing camera. The picture etc. is smashing, but the camera sits directly below (and completely covers) the boot release. I can open it by sliding a screwdriver in, but that isn't really a solution.. I have seen that some Z owners have a fob with a boot release button, but I only have the key with lock/unlock.

Can anyone suggest a workaround? I really don't want to pull it apart again.

20180414_101150.jpg

20180414_101251.jpg

Dash_after.jpg