Power to weight**

davey_83

1 minute ago, LRF4N said:

A lot of people stress weight loss for better handling but I remember watching a short documentary on the GTR and the engineer was saying extra weight for cornering stability was priority over performance 

That's cos they wanted the GT-R to be easy to drive for everyone - it could corner faster if it was lighter, but more people would crash them.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, LRF4N said:

A lot of people stress weight loss for better handling but I remember watching a short documentary on the GTR and the engineer was saying extra weight for cornering stability was priority over performance 

Then why did they make the Nismo version lighter? ;)

Engineers are PR people as much as any one these days. Andreas Preuninger is a master at it.

• Like 1

I don't think a straight line would be equal. There is bound to be complex maths involved, but I believe less weight will aid in the increase and decrease of speed.  With handing the weight needs to be in the right place.  My mk1 golf was very tail happy without 2 bags of grit in the back.  I guess the compromise would be light weight with effective aero.  

• Like 1