Arch Rubbing with new wheels

Darren_Z

I recently replaced the Rays with 19" wheels with 275/35 tyres. I now have rubbing in the rear. Wheels are ET12, no spacers and the car is lowered on Eibach Pros which is about a 30mm drop.  Is the only way to get around the rubbing to have the arches rolled, or could a smaller tyre possibly resolve this? 265/35 or 265/30??

I don't have anyone that offers rolling locally, so I would have to buy the tool and DIY it. Anyone with a similar setup able to help?

I run a 275 wide tyre on a ET22 wheel and i got my arches rolled before fitting the wheels, i think i would have got away with it anyway as i have around 10mm gap and the lip if i recall is around 10mm. 

Your tyre and wheel being ET12 will stick out 10mm further than mine so to get the tyre back i think you would have to go with a 255 wide tyre (20 less than current as that would be 10mm either side) or get your arches rolled. 

Hope that makes sense although hard to know for certain in the real world. Its not that big a job doing the rear arches, i got mine sanded and resprayed at same time as there was rust forming on the inner lips so killed 2 birds with one spray can. Cost around £300 and now i have peace of mind i can fit nearly any wheel.