Joined For Information and a Good Community

Hi all,

I'm looking in to buying a 350 in the future and wanted to talk and interact with z owners and find out if it's something I should definitely pursue  and what the costs of the car are aswell as having conversations with people who know what they're talking about. Looking forward to being on a forum and being part of a cool community.

Oh god yes it's worth perusing. Costs are varied though, they're getting on a bit now and some of the bigger repairs are coming up ie clutch. When you buy one get a thorough check done on it, make sure cooling fans work and check the underside and arches for the onset of rust. 

If you can, buy from someone on here as there will be decent history from a passionate owner.  

• Thanks 1

Welcome to the forum buddy. Before buying my Z, I was torn between 2 choices of car, S14 200SX, or the Z, after driving a couple of 200sx's, falling in love with the turbo sounds and ride etc, many of them were needing rust treatment straight away, if not very close after the purchase of one. I went to a garage and saw a lonely Night Blue 350Z HR in the corner of the lot gathering dust from the stony forecourt. Sat in the car and instantly fell in love with it, such a simple yet effective interior, all what you need and nothing else, as a sports car should be. Test drove and as much as I enjoyed the 2 litre turbo of the S14, I couldn't say no to that V6 grunt. Went back about 2 days after and signed the papers to get it in my possession. Had it just under a year now and not looked back since, few modifications to make it 'mine'. 

Sorry, drifted off a bit there! If you can, look for a HR model, later models, cannot speak for everyone, but I have not had any major issues, still pulls like a dream, but my clutch is due for a replacement soon I believe. Any who, if you are interested, I'd say go for it! 

Hate to use this expression but.....you only live once, so go do it.

Keep us updated.

Story over. Thanks! :thumbs:

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, eroll_350z said:

Welcome to the forum buddy. Before buying my Z, I was torn between 2 choices of car, S14 200SX, or the Z, after driving a couple of 200sx's, falling in love with the turbo sounds and ride etc, many of them were needing rust treatment straight away, if not very close after the purchase of one. I went to a garage and saw a lonely Night Blue 350Z HR in the corner of the lot gathering dust from the stony forecourt. Sat in the car and instantly fell in love with it, such a simple yet effective interior, all what you need and nothing else, as a sports car should be. Test drove and as much as I enjoyed the 2 litre turbo of the S14, I couldn't say no to that V6 grunt. Went back about 2 days after and signed the papers to get it in my possession. Had it just under a year now and not looked back since, few modifications to make it 'mine'. 

Sorry, drifted off a bit there! If you can, look for a HR model, later models, cannot speak for everyone, but I have not had any major issues, still pulls like a dream, but my clutch is due for a replacement soon I believe. Any who, if you are interested, I'd say go for it! 

Hate to use this expression but.....you only live once, so go do it.

Keep us updated.

Story over. Thanks! :thumbs:

That's awesome, and funly enough I was looking at 2007 and onward z's due to the hr motor. I'm also going for a gt model aswell it's just a case of money for me as I'll be 20 with only 2 years no claims (hopefully) so insurance will be a big factor aswell as having to tax it. 

21 minutes ago, Jay84 said:

Damn you kids and your sports cars :lol:. 33 before I got mine. A Celica Tsport was about as sporty as I got before this...but I got married and had kids so i guess that's why. 

Not wanting to give my age away but I was around 20 when I got my first 'sports car'. It was a 2.0S Cortina and my Dad told me I was mad for buying it. It was pushing 105 or 115 bhp, too old to remember.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Scourge said:

That's awesome, and funly enough I was looking at 2007 and onward z's due to the hr motor. I'm also going for a gt model aswell it's just a case of money for me as I'll be 20 with only 2 years no claims (hopefully) so insurance will be a big factor aswell as having to tax it. 

Nice one, mine is GT too. Fair play getting one at 20 bud, just turned 25 and thought that was young :lol:. Yeah, insurance can be the killer, but to be honest, if paying in one lump will make it tricky. Always the option of monthly payments for both.