Lowering springs

Shep1982

Hi guys, 

Just had 4 new tyres and break pads fitted and by mid to end of march should have enough for some lowerring springs from torqen. I'm stuck between eibach and swift spec r. I've heard good things about swift. I current run stock 19s with 30mm spacers on rear. Now the only issue I have is when I fit the springs and once settled can I get them aligned to near spec oem settings. Or am I going to need a camber kit of sorts. If that the case I may have to hold off until I save more so hoping I don't need to buy a kit. The zed is emptying my pockets lmao worth it though :-) 

Cheers

Hi mate. I have a 2016 370z Nismo. Fitted the Tein Springs which I also had on my 350z and they are perfect. No need for camber arms, just need to get the geo re calibrated. Drop is spot on. Photo below for you.

my nismo.jpg

Morning.

I ran Eibach on my old GT and don't have much bad to say about them. I think the Swift (from memory) are a lower drop than Eibach so you will need to start messing with camber arms and such like. You can JUST about get away with OEM setup and a good geo setup. Although even Eibachs would benefit from some camber adjustment it is still within spec. When I took mine to get aligned after lowering the guy came over and asked 'Have I done any suspension work?'...I replied yes and he humorously said 'Yep, you broke it' :lol:  Only because the tolerances were just inside spec after adjustments.

I also ran 25mm spacers all round and the car sat really nicely. Any excuse for pictures!!

IMG_3668.JPG

IMG_3669.JPG

Edited by mattross1313

Hi guys,  thanks for the replies and obviously pictures of ya cars. Any excuse eh? Lmao I'm the same. Even got my car picture put on my debit card by barclays haha. 

Okay both tein s and eibach sound great plus they are cheaper than swift so bonus :-) Can I just ask have they added any handling gains. Even though I'm after a small height drop I am more so interested in where the handling improves around corners. I. E. Car feels more planted. Less body role etc. Oh and to join in here's my car ;-) 

Cheers guys :-) 

DSC_0048.JPG

Hi mate. From my perspective yes, a little. To be fair my Nismo felt like glue before I fitted them and its now even more planted. I dropped mine for looks as much as handling as the rims now sit nicely in the arches with less gap. Teins get my vote but then I have never run Ebachs. Your car looks smart but the drop will finish it nicely (for the time being). 

Brill, that's good. The nismo has a stiffer setup that normal zeds but if you say you noticed a difference after fitting them then I'll defo see and feel a difference. When pushing I currently find there's too much body roll and squatting. Not loads but any improvement will help.! Nice nismo by the way. Very clean :-). I also like mattress1313 zed. When choosing mine I was torn between the blue and white colours. Oh and regarding future. I have a cat back exhaust but next year I'm getting some berk high flow cats and a remap. No one told me that when you buy the car you instantly become shopaholic for the car lmao. 

Cheers again guys :-) 

Nice.  I think you will kiss goodbye to body roll.I would suggest Cobra HFCs, better reputation than Berks and come with a 2 year warranty versus 1 year. Berks have been know to crack and there are some negative stories around about the Berks. I am fitting the Cobra HFCs to my Ark dual Grip exhaust and having the Ecutek remap next month. Avoiding the Berks.

Edited by Payco

Oh, cheers. I'll look into the cobra HfC. Can you do me a favour and when you have them fitted and the ecutek map. Can you let me know the before and after stats please?  Would you also give me your personal opinion on how the car feels and the differences :-) :-) 

Many thanks

Of course mate. Will be posting a thread but will also PM you. You can always call me too when the times comes if you want a chat. Car is booked in with Abbey for Fri 16th March. Don't forget I already have the Ark fitted and Stillen Gen 3 intakes on,

Edited by Payco