Mars next stop :)

gangzoom

Worth having a read up on the Fermi paradox https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fermi_paradox

I'm a self confessed Sci fi nerd and Space junkie, have been since I was a little kid.  The odds of us being alone in the universe are massively against it but there is zero empirical evidence to suggest that we arent alone.  However the scale of even just our solar system and the time it would take for visitors to reach out planet from even the closest neighbouring star are mind boggling on a human scale.  If faster than light or warp/wormhole technology aren't feasible then there is almost zero chance of another intelligent species being able to visit or even contact us short of voyaging for hundreds of years. 

If intelligent life does manage to invent ftl drives and comes a knocking we will be in a Spanish vs the incas scenario and we're the incas. Their technology will be so far beyond anything we're capable of you had better hope they're benevolent 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, davey_83 said:

Ok a genuine question of why 'you' believe we're not alone? I've answered any and all questions honestly, so I would expect the same back in return.

With what little respect i have left, i'm going to decline. Mostly because i think if intelligent life landed a craft on your front lawn you'd conclude that it was made by god in flat heaven. i could give you an answer but you're not going to believe it anyway as it is quite unbelievable.

I'm not here to persuade you to believe otherwise. I'm not interested in trying to. It was never my intention. In the beginning it seemed interesting what we were talking about, now it's just turned into a one -up-man-ship contest in contexts that just don't float these days. I can't entertain it any longer. 

Edited by Rock_Steady

2 minutes ago, Rock_Steady said:

With what little respect i have left, i'm going to decline. Mostly because i think if intelligent life landed a craft on your front lawn you'd conclude that it was made by god in flat heaven. i could give you answer but you're not going to believe it anyway as it is quite unbelievable.

I'm not here to persuade you to believe otherwise. I'm not interested in trying to. It was never my intention. In the beginning it seemed interesting what we were talking about, now it's just turned into a one -up-man-ship contest in contexts that just don't float these days. I can't entertain it any longer. 

Hey if you believe it that's the main thing. I believe in Noah's ark, so I can stretch to unbelievable things lol

Thank you for your answer. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • coldel locked this topic