Mars next stop :)

gangzoom

Fact is physicist will say the universe appears to be made by design. It all looks purposeful and not come about by accident or by random occurance so there's that. Look it up, evolution is said to be nature left to do its own thing, or is it?......... 

https://cosmosmagazine.com/physics/a-universe-made-for-me-physics-fine-tuning-and-life

For more than 400 years, physicists treated the universe like a machine, taking it apart to see how it ticks. The surprise is it turns out to have remarkably few parts: just leptons and quarks and four fundamental forces to glue them together.

But those few parts are exquisitely machined. If we tinker with their settings, even slightly, the universe as we know it would cease to exist. Science now faces the question of why the universe appears to have been “fine-tuned” to allow the appearance of complex life, a question that has some potentially uncomfortable answers.

The idea that there are “uncomfortable answers” doesn’t apply to scientific disciplines. Only a follower of proscribed dogma, by its very nature of being devoid of evidence based decision making, can find answers uncomfortable. 

• Like 1

I could compose a response that would address that “fine tuning” nonsense (for those capable, if the margins are so fine we simply wouldn’t exist to know it any other way; design or merely “coincidence” by necessity!?!). Instead I’ll just retort with;

Fake facts.

Fake physicists.

Fake link.

Fake. Fake. Fake.

• Like 1

I guess it then comes back to the question asked a number of pages back, what if it was shown many religions were fake and one someone did not follow was shown to be real, would followers of a religion swap to the one proven to be correct. Or continue following a religion shown to be fake. I suspect the answer is yes they would still follow it the fake one.

That's it, we'll believe in exactly what we want to believe regardless. Science shows evidence for evolution and the big bang but then will also show evidence for the universe appearing to be by design and controlled by an unknown force outside of the laws of gravity. So individuals pick and choose what we want to subscribe too via our own wishes. 

Luckily I've given my answer for swapping religious beliefs and the short I'd stay put due to logic provided in the lengthy answer.

Mean whiles.....

Space X managed their 7th successful launch this year, with two more planned before the end of the month.

https://www.theverge.com/2018/4/2/17187972/spacex-falcon-9-nasa-crs-14-launch-watch-live

More importantly it appears Space X is now actually starting to work on a project that many people think will be impossible, get humans onto Mars!! Why go there am not sure, but for the same reason people climb Everest, row across the Pacific.

Would make a damn good reality viewing that's for sure :)

https://www.space.com/40243-spacex-mars-spaceship-elon-musk-photo.html

Edited by gangzoom
  • Like 1

Actually to put it another way...

New discovery proves existing science wrong:

”Oh wow, congrats guys, that’s a brilliant breakthrough! We can all learn from this and move on!”

New discovery proves religion wrong:

”Oh erm, well we didn’t actually mean that originally, what we actually meant was...”

1 hour ago, Ekona said:

But there’s no evidence for religion. At all. Absolutely nothing provable in the slightest. 

As @StevoD put it, it’s no more provable than Pokemon. 

Again evidence is subjective and I have shown real world demonstrations of this but for amusement:

If not all guesswork and not from mans knowledge or understanding for the time, it warrants investigation. But again, we believe want we want to believe.

http://www.eternal-productions.org/101science.html

The concept of this knowledge being stated hundreds of years prior to science/man catching up is the fairy magic. Various detailed account of xyz prior to our understanding is the divine. The writer would not have even known what exactly they were noting down. I know its hard to get ones head around, I really do.

On 4/10/2018 at 16:47, davey_83 said:

I do believe we are alone, this is what puzzles scientist as surely there must be life out there. Hello............

FFS Davey, really? You think we're alone? This is where i bow out. Flat earth, misinformation with evolution and now that we're alone. Davey, i think you were born at the wrong time. Possibly a few centuries too late. Come on mate, wake up for the last corner before you crash. 

• Like 2

None of us have any evidence. Stop asking for evidence that you know no one really has a hard copy of that's stamped by a credible body, that you'll just sh*t on anyway. We're on a car forum not a council of congress of highly decorated military or congressmen that are gagging to give disclosure to the short sighted. It's an utter waste of time. 

It's obvious that you've made up your mind about what you believe and that's o.k. but don't ask stupid questions like "What evidence do you have to suggest otherwise?" what are you expecting given that you can't get your head around the law of possibility of life somewhere else? A response like "Oh hold on, i just remembered, i've had this UAP or UFO collecting dust in my garage next to my Pulsar, i knew it would come in handy one-day, now i can prove davey_83 wrong once and for all." It's the same as me asking you " Prove god exists, i want hard evidence, show me."  You can't. No one can and you know that, just as much as you know that no one -that we know of- can prove the existence of life somewhere else........yet. Stop playing silly buggers and grow up a bit. 

•  
  •  
  •  
Edited by Rock_Steady

• coldel locked this topic