Mars next stop :)

gangzoom

13 hours ago, ilogikal1 said:

Seven. Seven lottery winners walking up and onto the boat.

And therein lies another issue with religion, it’s own interpretation is not even consistent with itself much less the evidence presented.

Thank you, it said to be Moses. Now there after Moses wrote this story down as explained to him, later it will be translated, edited and then re editted however why is this any issue? Would you expect to go the the library and lend an original in accient Hebrew? Obviously not. As my Spiderman comic example shows an exact copy isn't need to convey a message. 

8 hours ago, davey_83 said:

Or fake scientific publications..... 

Screenshot_20180407-150818.png.485b707d94a92106431108ed92654bc9.png

Good example of a rejected hypothesis. Now about this “fake science”?

8 hours ago, davey_83 said:

Thank you, it said to be Moses. Now there after Moses wrote this story down as explained to him, later it will be translated, edited and then re editted however why is this any issue? Would you expect to go the the library and lend an original in accient Hebrew? Obviously not. As my Spiderman comic example shows an exact copy isn't need to convey a message. 

Well I tend to borrow books from the library rather than lend them, so... no.

Apt that you would relate the Bible to Spiderman though.

But expanding on Dan’s point, it’s okay to believe something that you know is false, despite being presented as an absolute truth, but not to accept that someone once  presented as their understanding of a thing they found but that was actually later  found to be something else and thus presented as such by the scientific community?

I get your point Davey but, NASA is hardly a credible source. Most of us have just spent the last couple of months slagging them off on this very thread. Including you, to some degree. 

I can see you'll question information from a source when it suits you or doesn't support your point, and then use the very same source later on when it does. At least try to be consistent.

Edited by Rock_Steady

Nasa is hardly a credible source of information - Yes I agree, nice globe pictures :D

Evolution is fake science, one species does not give birth to another nor does one change into a another during its life time. It doesn't make sense, nor can we see this scientific fact in any shape or form today, yesterday or beforehand. Or maybe faith is needed?.....

A great flood from the hands of a creator, denotes a reset was needed at this time. Regardless of the small details, this message is incredibly clear to see.

Yes I do pick and choose which pieces of information make sense and which do not, regardless of the source.

Edited by davey_83

1 hour ago, davey_83 said:

Nasa is hardly a credible source of information - Yes I agree, nice globe pictures :D

Evolution is fake science, one species does not give birth to another nor does one change into a another during its life time. It doesn't make sense, nor can we see this scientific fact in any shape or form today, yesterday or beforehand. Or maybe faith is needed?.....

A great flood from the hands of a creator, denotes a reset was needed at this time. Regardless of the small details, this message is incredibly clear to see.

Yes I do pick and choose which pieces of information make sense and which do not, regardless of the source.

Catapiller butterfly

• Like 2

1 hour ago, davey_83 said:

No one can prove it's fake anymore than they can prove it's not.You can't prove there is a god, or something divine or benevolent anymore than i can disprove it. So if this is all we have , then we need to agree to disagree.  Moot subject Davey, moot subject. 

Evolution doesn't mean it changes in its lifetime, but over 1000s of years natural selection and environmental conditioning causes an animal to thrive in an environment, causing said creature to look and behave different to it's ancestors. 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3480780/How-humans-changed-man-s-best-friend-pictures-100-years-breeding-changed-dog-breeds-not-better.html

This is how dog breeds have evolved over the last 100yrs, and yes humans have caused this hence the short time span. But if the changes were environmental, such as a shift in temperature or the extinction of a natural predator/prey, the strongest or best suited to the new conditioning would survive and pass it on as it breeds. Is that not evolution? Also look at the way humans adapt over time.  Do you think 4000 years ago we'd have the dexterity to type on a keyboard?

41 minutes ago, Jay84 said:

Evolution doesn't mean it changes in its lifetime, but over 1000s of years natural selection and environmental conditioning causes an animal to thrive in an environment, causing said creature to look and behave different to it's ancestors. 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3480780/How-humans-changed-man-s-best-friend-pictures-100-years-breeding-changed-dog-breeds-not-better.html

This is how dog breeds have evolved over the last 100yrs, and yes humans have caused this hence the short time span. But if the changes were environmental, such as a shift in temperature or the extinction of a natural predator/prey, the strongest or best suited to the new conditioning would survive and pass it on as it breeds. Is that not evolution? Also look at the way humans adapt over time.  Do you think 4000 years ago we'd have the dexterity to type on a keyboard?

Again micro not macro, big difference. A Dog cant give birth to a Chicken.

The pyramids construction and accuracy with hand tools along is quite something :) 

• Like 1

No one ever said that a dog gives birth to a chicken :lol: That’s literally the most ridiculous thing you’ve said in this thread.

Evolution says exactly what you’re agreeing with, that changes happen over many generations not suddenly. So on this, you’re actually in agreement with science.

• Like 1

True it can't, but consider cats and dogs. Is it reasonable to suggest there are enough similarities that they could come from the same genetic genesis? One where climbing ability was no longer necessary forming a canine, and another where it is forming feline? A dog wouldn't give birth to a chicken but it could move away from what is recognised as being  dog today. Evolution has never said the change happens over night, in the same way you described the 6 days of creation as not betting days as we see them. 

I agree the pyramids are awesome, with a lot of how did they do that, as is Stonehenge... but intricate they're not. Although I guess you could argue nothing intricate can stand the test of time. 

• Like 1

A really good way to understand evolution (its absolutely not one species giving birth to something else that's just ridiculous) is to look at invasive species and how after several hundred generations they have changed their general appearance, behaviours, food sources etc. compared to their cousins back in the native environment - they are always quite different.

• Like 1

If my brother went to live in Jamaica from a young age and after 20yrs yeah sure he would look and act totally different to had he lived in the UK, but he wouldn't show signs of changing into another species. Not him or any generations there after, not possible and not proof of this either forward or back - Unless faked................. Its all just an idea.

A person that see's evolution as fact and an on-going process (even though nothing today has a half evolved eye or lung) is a ok, nothing against it. Just not belief I have and examples of known forgery (not mistakes) in this area further pushes one away.

He wouldn't change into another species, but if he took up with a local lady, his kids would be a mix of genetics. Then the next generation would also likely marry a local (further migrations not withstanding), and the the UK based genes get watered down further. Evolution doesn't happen over night .

Evolution isn't like X-Men...unfortunately, no lungs that can breathe underwater or awesome eyes. But evolution to the human condition is happening, we're taller, lazier, less hairy (except me), more dexterous. Our capacity to grasp new ideas and advance our technology is staggering composted with just 50 yrs ago. Evolution is the passing down of genetic markers, and ideas.  An evolved lung would start off as a genetic defect, but if it didn't kill the owner the info would be passed down.

What would be your reasoning that people across the world look different depending on climate and conditions when we all spawned from just 2?

21 minutes ago, davey_83 said:

If my brother went to live in Jamaica from a young age and after 20yrs yeah sure he would look and act totally different to had he lived in the UK, but he wouldn't show signs of changing into another species. Not him or any generations there after, not possible and not proof of this either forward or back - Unless faked................. Its all just an idea.

A person that see's evolution as fact and an on-going process (even though nothing today has a half evolved eye or lung) is a ok, nothing against it. Just not belief I have and examples of known forgery (not mistakes) in this area further pushes one away.

Dunno get out to the sticks and find webbed feet :lol:,

Not everything evovles at the once just because 1 duckhas a different colour doesn't mean that all change. 

Coincidence earth is heating up gingers are disappearing

Edited by StevoD
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yes but at some point a one species must become something else, so where are all these half breeds? as every kind of animal will have them. Where are these countless examples of weaker version of today animals?

These carving are laser perfect, scientifically impossible to do by eye and with hand tools. I would consider these intricate as are the pyramids in terms of their accuracy.

The Egyptian pyramids at Giza were built during the third millennium BC as tombs for kings. ... The tombs are aligned north-south with an accuracy of up to 0.05 degrees.

https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:dXuZNxJdfeAJ:https://www.newscientist.com/article/dn174-pyramid-precision/+&cd=14&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=uk

The examples of weaker versions are extinct? Thats how evolution works 

Weaker doesn't just mean physical strength or aggression. But ability to adapt etc 

Edited by StevoD
  • Like 1

• coldel locked this topic