Mars next stop :)

gangzoom

19 minutes ago, davey_83 said:

Sorry to hear that last part pal. 

You can't force someone to love and respect you, has to be natural. 

Is science bad for forging all the weapon we use in war against one another? No. Man is wicked and has been since day. How do you create something so perfect and have it remain perfect while allowing for complete freewill? That's left to God plan I guess. Mankind has to fully experience the bad to appreciate the good.

Don't be, it was my fault, we're together again now, and all is good... until zed parts arrive :lol:

On 3/30/2018 at 07:15, davey_83 said:

If the big bang is thought to be fact, surely we'd have a clear understanding of the cosmos. 

So if the universe is expanding, so something expanding in to and filling the void......... is that void nothingness? Or something? 

why would we have a clear understanding of the cosmos if the the big bang is thought to be fact? All it means is we have an idea of how it possibly started. That's it. It doesn't suggest that, aha! we now understand everything about dark matter, zero point science, quantum physics and the like.

Again, the idea the universe is expanding is just that, an idea. There's just as much chance that there is an end to it or it's not expanding at all. Why? Because in all honesty nobody really knows what the dickens is going on. 

On 04/04/2018 at 08:23, Rock_Steady said:

why would we have a clear understanding of the cosmos if the the big bang is thought to be fact? All it means is we have an idea of how it possibly started. That's it. It doesn't suggest that, aha! we now understand everything about dark matter, zero point science, quantum physics and the like.

Again, the idea the universe is expanding is just that, an idea. There's just as much chance that there is an end to it or it's not expanding at all. Why? Because in all honesty nobody really knows what the dickens is going on. 

NASA would disagree with you sadly....

Screenshot_20180406-174443.png.d3f2a02de44dd6ce35853ae9808d767a.png

Screenshot_20180406-174118.png.78129748bcf156d96f501d6b9cfbf672.png

-----------------------------------

Another small consideration, take this chap - fairly well decorated, at a glance trust worthy, no fool, highly respected, a grafter it's fair to say. Was he and the squad all having the same hallucination? Maybe. 

Id honestly like you thoughts on the talk Jeff gave.

Screenshot_20180406-175211.png.009c44b8f1a8f8b083f9006ddda6438f.png

Edited by davey_83

Interesting read. Remembered whatever we've been told, we take it to be true as surely government and the powers at be wouldn't lie right? 

These items were on display at the national history museum tarted as scientific fact for 40yrs, unti it was conclusively exposed in 1953 as a forgery. 

Screenshot_20180407-150600.png.07fc66819dcfd56c99a43b68be8d3a9b.png

Another....

Screenshot_20180407-150618.png.ec409df5a99f35c753056a5f5bde8511.png

Screenshot_20180407-150631.png.be099db18972c0d5aaf6d90f35a9fe8d.png

Pretty big players in the news world....

Screenshot_20180407-150646.png.6b445f5a950a1c466f5e4e80234f6477.png

Screenshot_20180407-150706.png.38b640322a9be89f8b00c13960926274.png

Screenshot_20180407-150818.png.46e395c05d93d534cd78d63dfb503dcc.png

Is it fair to imagine there are more examples....... why hoax something if its true?

Think about it, what can be info and credited by science as fact can turn out to be total BS. Evolution makes no sense at. Naturally one species can not give birth to another. One species doesn't change over the course of its life to another, on the global scale needed pedal evolution ie all land creatures.  Therefore the concept is BS and not real or grounded with prove or demonstratable in any way. The powers at be have been pushing this agenda for decades and it's stuck.

Published scientific facts can be bull as proven above. I know it's hard to take, read for yourself if your bothered. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piltdown_Man

Edited by davey_83

9 hours ago, Ekona said:

Hey, at least science admits when it's wrong. Religion sticks to the same tired dogma even when presented with the blindingly obvious.

Both play by different rules though right? Science by design has to be wrong as its a journey through discovery will no doubt have to fill the holes with theories until its fully understood. But thats fine as you say Dan. Religion isn't looking to do this from what I see anyway, in that it also has gaps (i.e. the Ark could not have survived at sea with all those animals as they would have all starved and run out of water - even if the dimensions of the Ark were about right and could have floated) but the gaps are filled with divine intervention to fix it.  That will never change, it can't really. Science though has to change, by design I think.

Yes but don't fake scientific discoveries, no need and presents doubt going forward. One in that these things will happen again and two in the fact that the scientific community are essential policed by themselves unknowingly allowing for fake news to be published as fact.

Exactly, I chuckle at people's hang ups over logic of the Ark story. And yes logically the matter of survival is impossible and makes the account unacceptable to believe. But wait let's go back, so you accept that all the animals got there by their own account in the first place? 

Edited by davey_83

3 minutes ago, davey_83 said:

Exactly, I chuckle at people's hang ups over logic of the Ark story. And yes logically the matter of survival is impossible and makes the account unacceptable to believe. But wait let's go back, so you accept that all the animals got there by their own account in the first place? 

Well of course! Why wouldn't they - I actually shed a tear for all those that were not chosen and had to sacrifice themselves watching the two lottery winners walk up and onto the boat...

6 minutes ago, ilogikal1 said:

Seven. Seven lottery winners walking up and onto the boat.

And therein lies another issue with religion, it’s own interpretation is not even consistent with itself much less the evidence presented.

Who wrote down in the story of Noah in the Bible? 

Disproven hypotheses are rejected by the scientific community. There is no such thing as “known fake” science, just disproven hypotheses previously accepted as the most reasonable explanation given the information at the time.

All of that is also true of religion except for one rather major element - the disproven explanations are never rejected. Indeed the religious community goes to great extent to bury their heads in the sand when their explanations are disproven.

You’re otherwise right though, Noah and his boat is no more made up than other things that are made up.

But go on, let’s go down your route; who wrote the tale of Noah and where were you going with that? Just out of interest.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, coldel said:

Well of course! Why wouldn't they - I actually shed a tear for all those that were not chosen and had to sacrifice themselves watching the two lottery winners walk up and onto the boat...

Maybe it was the other way round.

And one shouted I volunteer as tribute 

8 hours ago, ilogikal1 said:

Disproven hypotheses are rejected by the scientific community. There is no such thing as “known fake” science, just disproven hypotheses previously accepted as the most reasonable explanation given the information at the time.

Or fake scientific publications..... 

Screenshot_20180407-150818.png.485b707d94a92106431108ed92654bc9.png

• coldel locked this topic