Mars next stop :)

gangzoom

19 hours ago, coldel said:

I do find it all rather ironic that people who believe those astronauts died, or that the world is round because thousands of sources tell you so, are deemed close minded. But are told this by those who blindly believe some junk found on the internet which is produced by even more closed minded people.

which is then followed up by....ooo look something else found on the internet!  :lol:

19 hours ago, coldel said:

Sorry i found that quite funny

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Jay84 said:

Did you know there is also a Hollow Earth theory? 

There's also the "hollow moon theory"  too.  Since the early seventies NASA has known that there are artificial structures on the moon, which has been leaked by the Chinese on social media by their own space lunar module, Chang 3. There is the theory that it has been mined for a very long time and after tests done by the last apollo missions it seems that the moon " rang like a bell " as in hollow. But that's a whole other thread. 

Edited by Rock_Steady

What do we make of NASA stating we can't at present go beyond low earth orbit? So many clips of scientists saying we had the technology and the records/ telemetry of how we did it but we lost it or don't have computers to display it now.........

Flat earth aside....... 

I think its because that's all the shuttle was ever designed for, it doesn't physically have the range to go to the moon and back. They don't have the Apollo style rockets as they were a use once deal. 

If they didn't intend to go to the moon again, and there is nothing in between, why build long range rockets when the shuttle does all that's required? 

No where in the video has that been said. What they are saying, they can only fly in low earth orbit. Not want to, can only. 

Plus check out varying descriptions about seeing stars from space. I like that long pause at 20 secs in lol

https://www.floridatoday.com/story/tech/science/space/2018/02/23/spacex-set-second-falcon-9-rocket-launch-three-days/364353002/

Space X are going launch crazy at the moment, third launch in less than 30 days if you count the Falcon heavy launch.

Their ability to use previously used boosters is clearly allowing them to launch at rates not seen before.

London to Shanghai is currently 13 hrs in a plane, if Space X can do it in 13 mintues am signing up, oh a view of the Earth from lower orbit would be the main reason though :)

Edited by gangzoom
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, davey_83 said:

How would all the cloud formations stay the same 2 years later? Look it up, examine for yourself - doesn't add up......

Fotor_151941704524490.jpg.cc72cec634c7906b495185ce18682f8d.jpg

Like all of the debates there is as much info saying it never changes as there is saying it does. Allegedly it is observable from a terra firma based telescope to see the vortex move, it rotates anti clockwise over the course of six days.  It's still raging after 100s of years due to it pulling in hot gas from the top and cold from the bottom replenishing its energy, a similar thing happens on earth where oceanic vortices can last for years. 

Believe it or not, Jupiter isn't tooconsistent. Take a look at these pictures, the first taken in 2009 and the secondtaken in 2010:

enter image description here

and

enter image description here

Quite the difference, eh? Why?

Jupiter's atmosphere is made of zones and belts. Zones are colder and are composed of rising gases; they are dark-colored. Belts are warmer and are composed of falling gases; they are light-colored. The reason the two don't intermix is because of constant flows of wind, similar to the Jetstream. These winds make it hard for bands to mix.

• Like 1

Thanx for the info.

To sum up, from '09 to '10 the look of the planet changes considerably for its conditions. Then from '14 to '16, it's almost identical? Does that make complete sense to you? Either it's changes or it doesn't, logically it cant do both........

Maybe it's like what stars you can see from LEO, some years you see none only deep black and others years you see stars ALL the time? Again NASA presents both cases, logically bit can't be both........

Edited by davey_83
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, coldel said:

Have you independantly gone and found the images of Jupiter from 14 and 16 from an objective source to confirm this statement? Or are you only looking at ones that are on conspiracy websites?

Yeah I wonder this. A conspiracy website could screen grab any picture of any planet and just duplicate it. Flip side of the coin: People with the telescopes could doctor the images. Short of inviting them to an observatory multiple times over a few yearsits hard to prove. 

This thread inspired me to check out the flat earth society facebook page, and some of them have built rockets to go up and investigate. My favourite bit was describing one of them as a self taught rocket engineer :lol:. I personally wish him luck and hope he survives. 

• Like 1

From Google.

Give the flat earth society a wide birth, look around yourself. What I mean is folks agendas can come into play. We're told ships go over the curve, and yet this curve is hard see from an airplane.......

What do you think about the conflicting statements from NASA about viewing stars in space? 

Edited by davey_83
  • Like 1

On 14/02/2018 at 23:05, davey_83 said:

I'm calling ships going over the horizon too :thumbs: as proof back in the day of curve. That ship should have been well out of possible view by now. Furthermore the mass should has showed signs of tiling top first away from the base due to sailing over the curve and yet it remained proportional from start to finish.

#whatif

Watch all or from 8:20

A ship won't sail on in view forever and it's hard to initially tell if it's gone out of view due to the curve OR due to refraction distorting the image from sea level up.

Logic would suggest on a clear day, how a ship sails out of view is the same ie its either due to the curve or it isn't.

Edited by davey_83

Musk states basically nothing changed to the roadster prior to sending it in space. What are the seats made from? Basically metal frame, recycled materials, foam, leather and fabric to clip/join to the frame. What do you think would happen to foam in the vacuum of space? Foam has what inside of it, air. Think about it what you are seeing, the seats still look plump and unchanged. I personally think it's insulting and a shame.

• coldel locked this topic