Mars next stop :)

gangzoom

1 minute ago, zedz said:

So you looked 

Yup, and I only realised my foolishness after I posted it...interestingly it wasn't in Oxford English. 

Fortunately I don't take anything seriously, least of all myself, so was able to have a good old laugh at it. :lol:

14 minutes ago, zedz said:

Wow. The issues are yous dude  ;)

And that, I'm sure you believe in father Christmas

you like to throw your weight around don't you.

Your on this forum but you don't even have a Z  ;)  

If you are so adverse to my posts, why do you constantly follow me around the forum dude :dry:

Throw my weight around? Nope, but I’ll call a bullsh*tter out when I see one. Sorry if that offends you. 

It does tend to mean that I do pick up when someone consistently spouts nonsense, which I guess means it does look like I’m following you around. I guess if you want to stop me criticising you, then stop being quite so aggressive with your posts about the tinfoil hat stuff. If I don’t believe in what you say then so what? You don’t see me getting abusive towards people who follow a certain faith or not. That’s basically what you’re doing, and it won’t win you any favours here. 

What car I own is irrelevant. If you want to be picky though, I’d suggest my knowledge of Zeus is significantly higher than yours given I’ve been working with them for well over a decade now. 

And sorry Col. Genuinely sorry. 

Come on guys, cut the personal stuff and just keep on topic - opinions are opinions and we all get them wrong and right at times.

Just saying.......... before the inevitable and noting it is obviously now stopping others contributing in case their opinions get  torn to shreds or ridiculed by those perceived as know-it-alls.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, zedz said:

How much of your own research on any of these subjects have you done? none I suspect, but you will make a judgment.

And you work in the Pentagon I suppose? Nice of them to let you post on this forum while youre at work, I have to say :lol:

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Ebized said:

Come on guys, cut the personal stuff and just keep on topic - opinions are opinions and we all get them wrong and right at times.

Just saying.......... before the inevitable and noting it is obviously now stopping others contributing in case their opinions get  torn to shreds or ridiculed by those perceived as know-it-alls.

Won't stop me posting on here !!!

I'm entitled to an opinion and as soon a Ekona tells me what my opinion is I will let you know :boxing:

so where does Elon's Tesla heading to now cause apparently has overshoot Mars belt....?

or was this not important cause it has made it into space and got some pics back that Elon can tweet :headhurt:

• Like 1

What IS the next phase of space x? Is it to get something to mars under power rather than momentum? If the roadster has been left in orbit what if another satellite hits it... we saw what hastened 6 when Hammond crashed his electric car.  

2 hours ago, Keyser said:

Won't stop me posting on here !!!

I'm entitled to an opinion and as soon a Ekona tells me what my opinion is I will let you know :boxing:

As long as it agrees with mine, then post away my friend! :D

I think the really interesting stuff is going to happen when SpaceX start doing exactly the same missions as NASA is doing, but cheaper, quicker and more efficiently. At that point there's going to be a lot of twitchy bums in seats at government level...

Space X is part funded by NASA, they are contracted to them to fulfill particular space development requirements whilst NASA work on other projects, from what I read - makes sense really to get private firms to focus on particular streams of development after all NASA only has finite staff, premises, equipment. 

So this guy has stuck a car in space, with a mannequin on board, using 21st century tech? Wow!

Wake me up when one of his novelty “spaceships” have sent back twitpics showing people overtaking Voyager 1, in all its 1970s glory :yawn:

I wonder how many tonnes of carbon and other emissions that rocked put into the atmosphere. 

In fact I wonder if there is a study on how much he has put into the atmosphere with space X and Tesla production in the last 10 years compared with other producers 

I wondered that too, but I think the majority of what gas is given out is hyrdrogen, usually after a rocket launch the H bonds with the O2 in the upper atmosphere and it starts raining. But there is still the sourcing of materials to build, transport, the extraction of the fuel in the 1st place etc etc. I'm not sure if I made it up or read it somewhere, but I think Tesla cars are supposed to offset the rocket.

I wonder how many tonnes of carbon and other emissions that rocked put into the atmosphere. 

In fact I wonder if there is a study on how much he has put into the atmosphere with space X and Tesla production in the last 10 years compared with other producers 

As exciting as making a bigger rocket is this is amazing https://www.nasa.gov/feature/new-horizons-captures-record-breaking-images-in-the-kuiper-belt

Over three and a half billion miles away there is something man made getting on with looking further into space, it blows the mind. I know there were a lot of knockers when taking photos of the 'blue dot' a couple of years ago with Saturn in the foreground it really is astonishing that something can still pass information back to our planet from so far away.  

• Like 2

• coldel locked this topic