Jwt oil pan spacer useful for track??? Any advice??

Rob350

2 minutes ago, The Chubby Ninja said:

Holy @*!# I didn't know that, I remember a few years back, did you not have problems getting a twin supercharger setup from them? I hate dealing with American company's! Customer service seems non existent 

Got my $8800 back at the time via PayPal, who had to take him to court to recover their money, as he didn't have the money in his bank account.

On the American customer service, it really depends, some they're not bothered with customers outside US because it means a lot more hassle, expensive shipping, outside their comfort zone. Others are absolutely brilliant like Charles @ CJM, Coz @ CZP, Anthony @ GReddy, Ben or Craig @ JWT and only a few more, their customer service is on a par with Apple if not better! No matter what time it is, you get an answer to emails within 5 minutes, like they never sleep. :) That's why I love working with them, I'm workaholic too :lol: 

Rob350:

I use an oil pan spacer, which includes the pickup spacer as well as a 19 row cooler.

You will get approximately 2ltrs more oil capacity, which is welcomed for track use (I'm trying to do 1 a month).

Once I do the timing chain, I'll also update the oil pump to an 06 spec.

Just make sure you always take some oil with you to the track and keep an eye on it.

4 minutes ago, RobPhoboS said:

Rob350:

I use an oil pan spacer, which includes the pickup spacer as well as a 19 row cooler.

You will get approximately 2ltrs more oil capacity, which is welcomed for track use (I'm trying to do 1 a month).

Once I do the timing chain, I'll also update the oil pump to an 06 spec.

Just make sure you always take some oil with you to the track and keep an eye on it.

I've not done a full day trackday as yet but ive done a good few random evening sessions, and been to the ring a few times and clocked up a good number of laps there and spa.

I tend to go quite easy on my car compared to other people really, as in I'll do a few warm up laps then 4 or 5 really hard laps then abit of a cool down, then 5 really hard laps again then come off track for 30mins or so.

I always take oil, my 70 piece socket set and zip ties... just in case lol

This I year though I hope to do a track day every 6 weeks ish between March and Sept. I plan on getting this spacer/pan, then look into getting an oil cooler and maybe temp sensor.

• Like 1

I'd recommend getting those 3 things at the same time, skip a track day and spend the money.

I'm not a track day hero either, whether you choose a baffled sump and/or a spacer (yes you can fit both), it's worth it. I did it one at a time but I should have just done it in one go, it's really easy to do (technically).

Can anyone reccomend an oil temp sensor??

Can I just buy a standard temp sensor and then drill and tap into the oil pan?? Or fit in spacer with pre drilled hole.

So far iv only found the defi gauge one for £250 their must be a cheaper option?? 

Like this guage...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/60mm-LED-Oil-Temp-Gauge-Meter-Red-Smoked-Effect-More-gauges-in-shop-/260873647925

and this sensor

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Universal-Water-Temperature-Gauge-Sensor-Oil-Temp-Sender-Probe-1-8-NPT-kit-set-/263325707402

Edited by Rob350

I like where you placed the gauge :thumbs: thats perfect fitment.

I found the blank. Its just behind the oil filter, but... (again only what I have read) that if you put the oil temp there next to the oil filter then your reading the temp of the oil coming out the engine, I thought you would want to read the oil temp in the sump before it goes into the engine??

Edited by Rob350