Scottish meets 2018

LRF4N

Hi folks 

As some of you know I have joined the REO team for Scotland. I sold my zed over 5 years ago but with my G35 coming on the road this month I am looking forward to bringing the Scottish community together 

After speaking to Brian he was saying that the past couple of years Scottish turn out was low. When I had my zed the Scottish community was one of the most active in the country. Hopefully we can bring the spark back in Scotland 

Some other members who had zeds back then are also returning to the fold so hopefully things will change this year 

We had a variety of meets, local static meets, runs, show stands, and some may remember the run to Aberdeen to meet the northern members 

I’m hoping to have more of the same- meets monthly or at least every 2 months, regular stands at knockhill, crail, driftland, other Scottish shows

Looking for input from everyone for ideas for meets, and to see who’s interested in coming regularly. Going for a meal, go karting etc.

There’s a new electric dirt bike venue in East Kilbride opened called Hyper Trax which I’ll be going to at the end of the month so if it’s any good I’ll happily organise that

Whos on board?

• Like 1

Not been on them yet Gary but I’ll be there at the end of the month so I’ll report back then

I did pop in a while back to have a nosy and it looks pretty good. Not what you see on tv with 20 ft jumps :lol: but still looks a good laugh

www.hyper-trax.com

I'm defo up for this! Not seen you guys in far too long and having a year out building my engine I've missed alot. I'm looking forward to these meets again. Il try and check on here a bit more regularly to keep upto date but if I don't reply to a meet post if someone could pm me that would be great. Looking forward to my nandos already haha

• Like 1

Stevie has spoken- Nando’s it is!

I’ll arrange it for later this month

Also I’ll start a whatsapp group for meets so anyone interested can PM me their number and we can get word out quicker 

Bump

Some nice cars up our way, we should easily have 10 cars at each meet

Ive started a whatsapp group so if anyone wants included send me your number

Heres some what our old meets used to be like

E8687A07-D2E6-4270-9AF4-E5F4F22E05A4.jpeg

E6CF7C19-C9C3-423D-BA23-A422BC56C25D.jpeg

A3AB47D2-A930-4017-B80C-97B3119EDA56.jpeg

2C36FE85-E93C-4DE5-9B19-1B68881ECEEC.jpeg

34850C8D-297A-4A44-A6B3-29F33093840C.jpeg

• Like 1

@STYLZ @PPod @JB33 @scobie140 @BennyGt4 @bigjackb @Bigjimg  @350jimbobz @TaintedShinobi @gstraw @martybhoy @Quinster @ebsop  @Gibby @Dougtosh @TOYBOY

Bump

First meet provisionally booked for 18th Feb, if it’s mostly members from the west then Nando’s at the quay. If eastern members are free then we can do the showcase 

Just now, LRF4N said:

Jeff this is the first meet in organising but as mentioned I want to have them regularly and would definitely be up for a northern meet in the future 

Whos the REO for your area?

It was me for sometime but I gave up the role as it was hard to organise with work commitments. Did suggest the gary took over the role but nothing came of it with the forum.

Yeah we had a few last year but mostly just meet up through another car club.

be good to see you all at a show this year. Think a few of us heading down for the first show at crail this year...11th March I think it is. Just need to get my car finished before then

5 hours ago, LRF4N said:

Nice one Gary. Be good to see your car complete 

I’ll start another thread for next week to get numbers 

Complete but won’t be pretty, I am not a painter I have learned. Also the engine hasn’t had any of the fun stuff crammed inside it yet. Looking forward to seeing the g wagon as I have been tempted to get one as a daily, parts transfer is economical :-)