Nuts / Bolts!

Hey all,

Wasn't really sure which sub-forum to post this in.

Due to a recently developed paranoia of rust, and annoyance at seized on nuts / bolts, I am looking at replacing as many as I can with something that will not corrode.

My problem is that I have no idea of the size / thread pitch of each bolt without removing them first, which is a pain in the rear (even removing them I'd have no idea of thread pitch).

Am I being retarded here or is there an easier way or information source with which to establish the correct replacement bolts without having to remove them and measure them?

I have looked at some of the parts diagrams for the 350z on websites and then checked out the part numbers for details but they don't seem to have any, just keeping it intentionally vague.

Thanks dude, I know various places do the engine bay kits, I'm thinking more of the underside of the vehicle where stuff gets rusty and seized up. I'm going to stainless or titanium bolt the @*!# out of it if I can only find somewhere that tells me which bolts I need :lol:

31 minutes ago, scobie140 said:

Be carful switching bolts to a different material as it can result in galvanic corrosion which could put you in a worse place than you started.

What would one recommend for replacing standard bolts with ones that don't rot and shear off? :dry:

But if they last another 10 to 15 years and then seize on like the current OEM ones I'd be no better off (assuming I don't change cars before I'm 50 haha) :lol:

Although by the sounds of it, there is no optimal solution if changing material type can cause issues.