Banana arm knocking re-manifesting?

Hello everyone =)

I had my banana arms replaced a few months back which cured the front end knocking, but it is starting to get a little clunky again.

Has anybody else had this remanifest after a relatively short time and have suggestions as to the cause?  Could it be that the arms have come a little loose, or having fixed this issue could the knocking have developed elsewhere from another arm / bushing?

Any advice welcome =)

24 minutes ago, ATTAK Z said:

Were the compression rods genuine Nissan ?

They weren't, they were Dorman I think from Torqen, they advised that they had sold many with no reported issues.

As for the front drop links, they were replaced prior to the control arms to eliminate them as a potential cause of knocking.  Those were OEM.

31 minutes ago, SHEZZA said:

Could have possibly come loose. It happened to me, so I’d be checking the torque of the nuts of the arms and brace as that would have been removed to replace the arms. 

Glad to know I'm not the only one it has happened to, and that it might be the result of it coming loose rather than the arms / bushes wearing prematurely!

• 4 weeks later...

You can get a knocking sound from the Strut mounting bush (where the fork meets the Transverse link) - I had mine changed as it even was noticed on the MOT, only an advisory - and you could see the crease in the joint. Still didn't have any excess play but the small line in the rubber bush was all we had to go on. Changed it out and problem went away.

• 2 weeks later...
On 01/03/2018 at 08:32, Lanky said:

You can get a knocking sound from the Strut mounting bush (where the fork meets the Transverse link) - I had mine changed as it even was noticed on the MOT, only an advisory - and you could see the crease in the joint. Still didn't have any excess play but the small line in the rubber bush was all we had to go on. Changed it out and problem went away.

Great, thanks for the info, tightening has not resolved the issue so I will have to start looking at other causes; this will give me somewhere to start =) 

• 1 month later...

Yes, definitely look at the lower control arm bushings. Mine were torn completely with the the LCA having slid down the bushings shaft, I replaced them with the Whiteline LCA bushing set, I am happy so far, but I've only put 2k on the car since install.

In general the compression arm and LCA bushings are the weak spots of the front suspension, due to the direction of the forces being applied to them, if your compression arm bushings/arms are new, the LCA's are the second place to look,