Swapping Electric Seats for Manual

Erni902

Hi guys, I have the rare opportunity to purchase a great set of seats for my Zed. They are standard seats that have been reupholstered with diamond stitching etc etc. Basically the exact same as I wanted to do to my stock seats only I really wanted alcantara in the centre bur I can live without that.

The issue is that my seats are fully electric including the heating elements. I have come to love this feature especially in the current climate. The seats I am looking to buy are manual adjusted seats and not heated.

So the question is, does anyone know how easy/difficult it is to take the heated and electrical elements off of my seats and put them on the manual seats so I can retain these functions?

Ive not looked at the bottom of the seats but I would thought if I remove seat back and the base I would then be able to swap these over to my current runners which contain the electrics. Only thing Im not sure of is where exactly the heating elements are. If they are inside the seat base and not accessible then I wont be able to it over.

Any help/advice appreciated.

Thought that would be the case. In that case I will just get mine booked in with you as previously discussed. I will probably be in touch within the next couple months after my European road trip when ill have some dosh to get them booked.

Cheers dude

Whilst Im not adverse to wiring etc. I think its more hassle than its worth. Especially for functionality that I already have.

Will just get Mondo to redo my stock seats haha.

Cheers for the replies and suggestions though guys

• Like 1