On the market for a 370Z GT, which year should I look for?

Makinen

Hello everyone,

I am new to the forum and I joined as I embark my journey to the perfect 370Z, that I have been lusting over for a while now. I am on the market for a (used) GT, and initial research showed I should be looking for post - 2011 models. Some further threads around oil pressure issues suggested that 2012 onward there was another fix on the cylinder head desing or gaskets that eliminated this problem. Is this true? Which model year should I be looking for?

Also, any problems later cars have exhibited and I should be looking for when looking at specific cars? I will be spending over £ 15k of my hard-earned money on one so I would like to avoid nasty and costly surprises down the line, as my plan is to keep it forever and drive it to the ground. I am in it for the long haul, and I am looking for a really well looked after and good example that I will also take great care of.

2 hours ago, Makinen said:

Hi again,

Can anyone comment on the model year changes at least? Is it true I should be looking at post-2012 cars for the oil pressure issues fixed?

Happy hunting mate, be sure to get some pictures up if you find one.

Yes, it was either 2011 or 2012 (sorry can't be more help), where Nissan upgraded the oil gallery gaskets. Anything newer than that you'll be safe :)