What is the best 'All Round' car

marzman

My issue with 4 door coupes is the majority don’t look like coupes. The 4 GC profile looks more like an insignia or octavia. They’re like taxis with a badge :lol:

Others have better profiles but are too big to look good, eg new panamera

The only one I think looks good is the AM rapide 

14 minutes ago, LRF4N said:

My issue with 4 door coupes is the majority don’t look like coupes. The 4 GC profile looks more like an insignia or octavia. They’re like taxis with a badge :lol:

Others have better profiles but are too big to look good, eg new panamera

The only one I think looks good is the AM rapide 

And you still couldn't get a large piece of furniture in or want to take it to the tip, so you may as well get a DB11. :)

Citroen Xantia estate TDi! :wacko: 

Is definitely NOT a good all round car. 

Is it french? Oui!

Is it merde? Oui!

Does it breakdown more than James Brown in concert? Oui!

A boot that's big enough to fill with all the needs of a breakdown? it's only redeeming feature (perhaps) Sac le blur!! Oui! 

Stodgy steering? Bien sur!

Does it have a red light on the dash that says "STOP!!" Naturally!

Gear changes like a combine harvester? Oui!

Sluggish engine that has the enthusiasm and vim and vigor of a dead horse? Hor hor hor! (french laughing) Oui!!

Suspension that continues to bounce once parked until you get up the next morning? Jador!!

Brakes that respond worse than opening the door and slamming your Nike on the road? That's another resounding oui!!

As good looking as Whoopie Goldberg after 10 rounds with Mike Tyson? You bet your french stinking cheesy arse it is, Oui!

in conclusion, would i rather be dragged to work by my nut-sack tied to the back of my wife's car on a set of roller-sKates?

FFS OUI!!

feel much better now. 

I have finally decided... the only way forward is for a group, 9 probably, to all own different card and swop them around each other.

Would save masses on depreciation and less hassle.

Of course the vehicles in the group would all have to be ones I desire.

The 911 GT3 would mainly be in my possession. 

9 hours ago, LRF4N said:

I can’t get my head around the velar. Looks great in pics but so wierd on the road

Interior is nice

Funny enough saw one parked up when I walked into town earlier, it looks overly long and flat it really does look quite, well, crap. 

Having just finally replaced the shed vector estate and having sold the zed before xmas I bought a Golf R mk6. I cant really see me wanting anything else for the money. does it all brilliantly,

Looks nice, quietly sporty but not chivvy (civic type r)

comfortable and quiet on the daily, yet a good drive when giving it poke.

Goes like a bas***d 

can put the baby in the back and an acceptable boot. 

4 wheel drive for the 2 days a year we have snow.

:thumbs:

• Like 1

Definitely Colin. They tried to make it suv-coupe like but combine that with the boxy looks of a Range Rover, just doesn’t flow at all 

The flush handles are a nice idea but in reality they make it look worse 

We have a an EcoBoost Focus....The mans version :teeth: the 1.6 180 BHP

Check out the stats it might surprise you. Works well as an everyday car and returns over 41 mpg and its a titanium X sat nav so fully loaded.

Not so easy to find at that spec as they were pricey new. 

Very easy to live with.

Edited by gsexr

6 hours ago, E11TUf said:

The Juke Nismo RS is a sound everyday car. Stay with the Nissan family. Keeps up with traffic and then a bit more ;).

I keep meaning to try the RS to see if they fixed all the problems with the standard Nismo, apart from barely being able to fit a baby seat in the back the chassis and brakes off the standard Nismo couldn't handle the power, it was scary at times trying to come to a stop quickly from speed.  

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/02/2018 at 09:00, LRF4N said:

I can’t get my head around the velar. Looks great in pics but so wierd on the road

Interior is nice

More expensive than a rrs with a few options. Overpriced jag f pace. 

On 10/02/2018 at 18:36, 350 Russ said:

Having just finally replaced the shed vector estate and having sold the zed before xmas I bought a Golf R mk6. I cant really see me wanting anything else for the money. does it all brilliantly,

Looks nice, quietly sporty but not chivvy (civic type r)

comfortable and quiet on the daily, yet a good drive when giving it poke.

Goes like a bas***d 

can put the baby in the back and an acceptable boot. 

4 wheel drive for the 2 days a year we have snow.

:thumbs:

Followed one yesterday, boy do they shift!! Only car I've across in the last 12 months I couldnt keep up with in the Tesla over the twisty stuff. Had my daughter in the back so wasn't going to start drifting into the oncoming lane like the R was but still, moves like a little rocket!!!

Hard to see why you would spend more money on anything else if the Golf is big enough for your needs.

On 2/10/2018 at 16:15, E11TUf said:

The Juke Nismo RS is a sound everyday car. Stay with the Nissan family. Keeps up with traffic and then a bit more ;).

both.jpg

I live near the Nissan garage and every tom dick and harry has a Juke round here.  Generally driven by chav types and always have something to prove.