Forum site question (re last poser/thread starter)

RobPhoboS

I wondered if I'm missing a trick here, and probably everyone else is used to this already if not but since I've been away a bunch since the update...

When I'm looking at 'Unread Content' it's showing the last person who replied with their avatar image on the left.

However most forums it's the thread starter that is shown first, and then who replied last off to the side somewhere (depending on the layout of course).

Is there a way to set that (original posters avatar not the last person), my brain is finding it really confusing to see who started what :blush:

Does that even make sense ?

23 minutes ago, Payco said:

few things appear to be not quite right I think. Forum signatures have also disappeared the last few days !

Go into settings from the drop down box next to your profile pic, there is one called signature. On the screen there you can turn on/off view signatures. 

7 hours ago, RobPhoboS said:

I wondered if I'm missing a trick here, and probably everyone else is used to this already if not but since I've been away a bunch since the update...

When I'm looking at 'Unread Content' it's showing the last person who replied with their avatar image on the left.

However most forums it's the thread starter that is shown first, and then who replied last off to the side somewhere (depending on the layout of course).

Is there a way to set that (original posters avatar not the last person), my brain is finding it really confusing to see who started what :blush:

Does that even make sense ?

Thats just the new forum now, sadly.  I complained about this several times but the team have been unable to change the view in the 'Unread Content' view despite the rest of the site working perfectly.

There was quite a lot of communication at the time of the format change of the forum as to the reasons why we have changed it, I wont go into detail again. In summary the new format is an upgraded system that is more secure, allows a better mobile experience, uploading photos takes seconds etc. Sorry that it reads a slightly different way around when looking through threads, but if you complain several times we have no choice but to respond each time saying it cannot be changed as its part and parcel of the forum format we have selected, we cannot change it, that response cannot change if you complain 'several times'.

In the grand scheme of things its a minor issue, one which is much less of an issue than people complaining previously about not being able to upload photos from their phone or using it in mobile mode. Ultimately its a much more secure environment and less open to being corrupted by malicious hackers - I suggest its worth spending a bit of time learning to read the text the other way around in exchange for all the extra benefits this new format brings.

• Like 1

Couple of questions.

1) Can you remind me if there is a way, having scrolled down a thread to hit a return 'button' to the top of the thread, rather than scrolling all the way back and/or review the decision that prevents the index sliding down with scrolling?

2) The search function rarely produces results when I know there has been a lot of discussion about toipics, but after doing some googling I usually find what I am after.  Is there a particular format when using the search function on here that might be more successful?

Thanks for letting me know, I was hopeful that I had just missed a setting or option.

It's not a complaint, just an observation that perhaps in the future could be considered as an option (I've no idea, it's complicated stuff).

Ebized, I always end up using the google method too

site:350z-uk.com forum site question

The functions of the forum are vastly improved for sure !

In terms of navigating the pages - on an iphone I know if you double tap the status bar at the top it takes you straight back up. Alternatively if you are on a laptop/pc with a keyboard simply pressing home will again return you to the top.

• Thanks 1