Drift button?

Primey

Hi all,

not sure if if this is in the correct area, but has anyone installed a ‘drift button’ to their Z? Slowly turning mine into a drift car and thought to begin with I’d try a manual locking handbrake button and progress to a hydro later on. I know the original handbrake isn’t very good, but it should be better than nothing

I'd save any wasted time the standard handbrake is really not that good to start with and unless you put a lot of effort in I think you would find it won't last long enough between maintenance requirements.

BUT - I haven't used one for drifting only for parking and holding the car on a hill - and it aint that good for those jobs :lol:

• Like 1

My standard handbrake would work if I threw the car into a corner and then yanked it on, half a drift day later and the handbrake cables were all stretched and it wasn't working anymore. Hydro handbrake all the way! I wouldn't waste your money on anything else. Also a drift button won't help you drift

• Like 1

On 31/01/2018 at 07:53, Primey said:

Slowly turning mine into a drift car 

TBH theres not much you need to to do, they are pretty good straight out of the box. Dont get carried away with arms and diffs and drift buttons, a 350 with a decent seat and maybe some lock mods is more than enough for a beginner. Add coilovers and youve got something you could win competitions in. 

And FWIW you dont need a handbrake to drift properly anyway, youre much better off learning to do it with power and weight. 

Clutch kick is the one everyone learns first as its the easiest, but shift lock and lift off are actually better for keeping the cars balance, they just take more speed/confidence to pull off. Flicks with power over is probably the best as you keep momentum up but you need even more speed and space and its not the easiest to practice. 

Too many people rely on the handbrake for entry, regardless of anything else its a brake so is slowing the car down, why would you want to slow down?

• Like 1