GT Edition gone - Nismo on its way

Ponsonby

Sold my 370 GT Edition on Saturday. See the farewell video made by my son below. Hopefully picking up my 370Z Nismo (Mk2) today so long as it is as described by the seller - a forum member so am sure it will be. This will be my third Zed having previously owned a 350Z HR and the GT Edition. I considered loads of other cars before deciding on the Nismo but nothing else quite does it for me.

• Like 4

Go away! We Nismo's were special at one stage, now they let any riffraff have em xD

Good choice on colour, white is by far the best for these.

Black you lose a lot of the subtle details, red clashes with the red from Nismo cause its a darker shade and is garish IMO, and silver is just for diesel German barges hehehe

Welcome aboard, but we need pics asap! 

• Like 1

A bigger difference between the 2 cars than I expected. Some will be down to the fact my GT Edition was an auto and the Nismo is manual but the Nismo really does feel much more 'sporty' for want of a better word. It is not as harsh as I expected and rides well over our knackered roads and the Recaro seats more supportive than I first thought. Drove back 3 hours non stop and no sign of aches and pains - that is about my limit in my super comfy X Trail.

What I really do like is the engine's willingness to rev and does not sound harsh at the top end. Tended to short shift in the GT Edition because it always sounded more thrashy when revved hard.

So very happy indeed and slowly getting over the stress of one of the 2 bank transfers I made getting blocked - I owned half a car for 30 minutes or so while I sorted it out but seemed more like 3 hours!

12 hours ago, JackJabba said:

Don't diss your old car when the new owner is on the forum Chris.

Now you know why cash is easier even if you have to sit and count it all. 

Not knocking the GT Edition, loved it to bits. Just different beasts. After a few months of trying to lever myself into the Nismo Recaro's, at my more mature age, I will probably want the GT Edition back.

I think that if I was using the car as a daily driver and not a toy, GT Edition would be my preference. Suspension is more forgiving and the auto would have been nice when I was stuck in traffic on the M6.

How is your wife getting on with the Cobra exhaust? Not made you put the standard one on again has she :)

The ladies in the bank counted the cash a heck of a lot faster than I did ....

She likes the Cobra exhaust, nice low rev sound and only loud when up the rev range. Sounds better than the Cayman in our street, but doesn't quite beat the Gallardo. When you put it next to the Cayman its obvious that in the looks department it has the Cayman beat all day long. 

Normally when thinking of buying a car you don't see any when driving around until you buy one and then you see loads of them.  The good thing with the 370 is that you don't get this. I havent seen another yet, but must have seen at least ten Caymans. 

Enjoy the Nismo, we will swap you when its too much hassle to get in and out of.

On 31/01/2018 at 18:49, Ponsonby said:

A bigger difference between the 2 cars than I expected. Some will be down to the fact my GT Edition was an auto and the Nismo is manual but the Nismo really does feel much more 'sporty' for want of a better word. It is not as harsh as I expected and rides well over our knackered roads and the Recaro seats more supportive than I first thought. Drove back 3 hours non stop and no sign of aches and pains - that is about my limit in my super comfy X Trail.

What I really do like is the engine's willingness to rev and does not sound harsh at the top end. Tended to short shift in the GT Edition because it always sounded more thrashy when revved hard.

So very happy indeed and slowly getting over the stress of one of the 2 bank transfers I made getting blocked - I owned half a car for 30 minutes or so while I sorted it out but seemed more like 3 hours!

Totally agree.

Was going to buy a cheap used 370z GT, however after test driving a few and then test driving the Nismo the difference is night and day. It’s like comparing a Porsche 911 Carrera to a 911 GT3 RS, they difference in the way the Car feels, handles, accelerates is astounding.

After driving the Nismo I had to have one unfortunately.

Enjoy the Car.