Brake juddering - front

Wilbert350

Hi all, 

So I've got the brake vibes. It's fitted with Evora disks all round, grooved and dimpled, and EBC Redstuff pads, all fitted in May 2015, which have since done 4800 miles, mostly weekend stuff as it's never been used as a commuter. 

I can't for the life of me understand how the disks can be warped (INB4 someone says disks can't warp! I get this - however the disk surfaces look fine (other than the usual dark brake dust and residue) but look and feel smooth to the touch.)

It hasn't been used on track, and doesn't often get driven hard. I do notice that the brakes stick when I pull off after 4/5 days of not driving it. I would be happy to park it only in gear, but it's on a slight incline in front of my garage and I would be concerned it might roll. Just possibly, who knows? 

Maybe I need to go for another hard braking sessions tomorrow, (after a shot of Redex, actually felt lovely to get 'er properly warmed up, gear changes felt sharped and more connected, and the engine seemed so much more lively than usual), or is this problem more terminal than that?

Thanks for any advice everybody.

Wilbert 

22 minutes ago, Wilbert350 said:

Hi all, 

So I've got the brake vibes. It's fitted with Evora disks all round, grooved and dimpled, and EBC Redstuff pads, all fitted in May 2015, which have since done 4800 miles, mostly weekend stuff as it's never been used as a commuter. 

I can't for the life of me understand how the disks can be warped (INB4 someone says disks can't warp! I get this - however the disk surfaces look fine (other than the usual dark brake dust and residue) but look and feel smooth to the touch.)

It hasn't been used on track, and doesn't often get driven hard. I do notice that the brakes stick when I pull off after 4/5 days of not driving it. I would be happy to park it only in gear, but it's on a slight incline in front of my garage and I would be concerned it might roll. Just possibly, who knows? 

Maybe I need to go for another hard braking sessions tomorrow, (after a shot of Redex, actually felt lovely to get 'er properly warmed up, gear changes felt sharped and more connected, and the engine seemed so much more lively than usual), or is this problem more terminal than that?

Thanks for any advice everybody.

Wilbert 

http://www.discskimmers.com/1.html

Hi mate,

I have not had any major issues with my brakes to date, so have not used Marcus @discskimmers services… However, he is widely acknowledged as the best in the business and very helpful.

If you post your location, I am sure some of the regular forum members will recommends someone to rectify the problem who is convenient to you?

• 3 weeks later...

I took my car to Discskimmers. My issue was that the hub of the wheel wasn't perfectly flat (possibly due to the wheels being refurbed) as well as some pad deposit. Highly recommend you to give him a call as it sorted my juddering issues. He is based just outside of Cambridge

9 hours ago, Adrian@TORQEN said:

I'd try a proper bedding in procedure first, see here:

https://torqen.uk/docs/TORQEN-brake-bedding.pdf

Thanks Adrian I've tried this. Unfortunately it didn't work :(

On 15/02/2018 at 18:52, tkz1 said:

I took my car to Discskimmers. My issue was that the hub of the wheel wasn't perfectly flat (possibly due to the wheels being refurbed) as well as some pad deposit. Highly recommend you to give him a call as it sorted my juddering issues. He is based just outside of Cambridge

I've also considered this. But at £180 all round on an aging set of rusty looking discs, I've decided just to get a new set and start from fresh.